1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

No disrespect to anyone in the east but the gap between east and west in 1a and 2a has not closed one bit. The west in the smallest two classes are way ahead of the east and that gap will remain for awhile. Congrats to Dresden on the gold ball and to Greenback for two straight silver balls. Not an easy accomplishment. The west had 4 or 5 teams in 1a that would have won the gold ball over the east this year. I expect it will be the same next year in the smallest two classes.

Get in line with your predictions of the west. I got badgered all season for keeping Dresden, UC, NCS, Huntingdon, and Wayne County ranked as my top 5 teams with Greenback and SP right behind them. I disagree with your statement though about the gap. Greenback was better than they were a year ago. I made this statement a few times. The ONLY way the east 1A will see a shift in who takes the gold ball home is if South Pitt returns to their old form. For all you newbies I'm talking about the really good SP teams in the 90's up through 2008. Not the teams we've had since the sight shifted to Cookeville in 2009.

Get in line with your predictions of the west. I got badgered all season for keeping Dresden, UC, NCS, Huntingdon, and Wayne County ranked as my top 5 teams with Greenback and SP right behind them. I disagree with your statement though about the gap. Greenback was better than they were a year ago. I made this statement a few times. The ONLY way the east 1A will see a shift in who takes the gold ball home is if South Pitt returns to their old form. For all you newbies I'm talking about the really good SP teams in the 90's up through 2008. Not the teams we've had since the sight shifted to Cookeville in 2009.

I agree that Greenback was better this year but Dresden was on different level. Just like NCS was last year. Huntingdon, NCS, Wayne Co, Union City and possibly Humboldt and Trenton all could have won in Cookeville. The schools that finished 3 through 6 in region 7 would compete for first and second in all regions except region 6. I will get lambasted for that statement but I truly believe that. That's why the west is so strong. The middle of the road schools are very competitive and I believe they are stronger that the same schools out east. So the teams out west are battled tested throughout the season. This is not a slight against the east at all just an opinion is to why gap is wide. I agree So Pitt is the one school that can get back to that level in a hurry.

To close this out let me get my take about the venue. ( TT ) First this field is unsafe for our kids. It is widely known the turf at tech is concrete hard. Accepted fact by many. Second the broadcast and directors of these games are pathetic. Announcers want to discuss their playing days and college days. We could care less. They need to do more research on the teams and the schools. The players that have reached the ship deserve so much more. They were chit chatting during several big plays. In the 2A game, There was even a sideline interview of some guy from Australia as one team was scoring. Pitiful and embarrassing

I agree that Greenback was better this year but Dresden was on different level. Just like NCS was last year. Huntingdon, NCS, Wayne Co, Union City and possibly Humboldt and Trenton all could have won in Cookeville. The schools that finished 3 through 6 in region 7 would compete for first and second in all regions except region 6. I will get lambasted for that statement but I truly believe that. That's why the west is so strong. The middle of the road schools are very competitive and I believe they are stronger that the same schools out east. So the teams out west are battled tested throughout the season. This is not a slight against the east at all just an opinion is to why gap is wide. I agree So Pitt is the one school that can get back to that level in a hurry.

I think we in the East have to admit this is a very accurate assessment of the current situation. Not sure even SPitt can get back to the big uglies they use to have on their lines, like the West seems to have in abundance.

I'll admit that I didn't like paying 10 bucks to watch the NFHS live stream (tightwad alert). But having the titans play by play guys calling the game and Roy's buddy Murphy on the sidelines was amazing. They knew more about our Lions (and GB I assume) than the local radio guys ever do. Very impressed with the broadcast.

Edited by ysoangry

I'll admit that I didn't like paying 10 bucks to watch the NFHS live stream (tightwad alert). But having the titans play by play guys calling the game and Roy's buddy Murphy on the sidelines was amazing. They knew more about our Lions (and GB I assume) than the local radio guys ever do. Very impressed with the broadcast.

I listened to the play by play of the game from the Radio Greenback broadcast and it was superior to the television guys.