1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Every fan base has those one or two fans. I think the point Dresden fans are trying to make was we knew how good our team was this year & were confident we could dominate any team in 1A while others didn't give us a chance. A lot of Wayne County fans bashed our team too till you guys played us. Total respect for Wayne County & your program & for your fans that came back after the game verifying what we had been trying to say about this team....they are just special & you don't have a team like this often. For Dresden they were a first & may be our only team for a long time to come. We'll be good next year with our district & with the experience & playing time the younger guys got this year, I'm just not sure we could compete for a state championship.

May have looked like WC fans...none that have had an account over a month.

May have looked like WC fans...none that have had an account over a month.

Thanks for that and it's the same way with every school, especially when you get towards the end of the playoffs. There's all kinds of fans to come out of the woodwork and make outrageous predictions. All of us old timers should know that by now and not even reply to them.

No doubt in my mine that SP and Greenback will work on closing the gap. It usually runs in cycles and the west is on the run. You are right it will swing again but in my opinion it will be a few more years until it does.

I anticipate, expect, & visualize where any swing in gold winners will be between W.TN teams in 1A & 2A. Hope so anyways.

Congrats to the Dresden Lions in memory of my nephew, Jordan Stout, (1999-2011) who would be a senior there this year but lost his life five years ago when he was in Dresden Middle School. You are a great community. You pull together when your families need you. You deserve a state championship! I'm proud of you and your boys.

Edited by @38320

Congrats to the Dresden Lions in memory of my nephew, Jordan Stout, (1999-2011) who would be a senior there this year but lost his live five years ago when he was in Dresden Middle School. You are a great community. You pull together when your families need you. You deserve a state championship! I'm proud of you and your boys.

Great post. I am deeply saddened to hear about your nephew. God bless!

Hey yso, didn't Dresden and SF's middle schol play in some sort of championship game? I remember hearing about it but idk how it turned out. I haven't been able to keep up with the middle school as much.

Not sure but we have a Kid at QB that is Dresser caliber and might be bigger. Crawford kid has a cannon for a arm. Good looking kid and kids around him to help.

Congrats to the Dresden Lions in memory of my nephew, Jordan Stout, (1999-2011) who would be a senior there this year but lost his life five years ago when he was in Dresden Middle School. You are a great community. You pull together when your families need you. You deserve a state championship! I'm proud of you and your boys.

Jordon was a special kid. He was my wife's cousins, son's best friend. Spent a ton of time with Jordon and can't remember when he wasn't smiling and laughing. Didn't realize it but yes this would be his senior year. Wow. Miss him!