1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Hey sounds good to me. Dresden is up for the challenge as I know them falcons are. I remember playing against Lake co. In 95 Jewel Flowers ran all over us. So I know Lake co has had some good teams in the past. I just think Dresden is a little ahead of them right now.

I also think Dresden is ahead of LC right now. I think that they will meet twice next season. LC started pretty much all freshmen and sophomores last season and was 3 points away from beating Humboldt. Humboldt won the game in the last minute. LC is primed for a run and I think they take a big step toward that next season. In no way I'm saying Dresden will not be good but they will drop off a considerable amout from last season. Those type teams and players don't come around that often. Dresden will still be talented but things will not come as easy for them like it did this season. They truly had a special team with special talent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

They were much better than Lake County freshmen and sophomores. I am willing to go out on a limb and say Dresden will not be in the semi finals the next four years. The region will be between Dresden and LC next year then after that LC should put a strangled hold on the region for two or three years. If I'm wrong I will gladly eat my crow ice cold.

You gotta remember also that Lake County has kids coming up at the middle school. They finished in a 3 way tie for the conference title and didn't get to go to the TMSAA playoffs because it came down to tie breakers. They finished 5-2 this year with losses to Dyersburg and a 2 point loss to Northview on a last minute TD, and over half the starters were 7th graders. As long as the kids don't go south to Dyer County or east to Obion County, then the future is looking bright!