Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

They played great this year. But it takes a lot more than one or two years to become a "football town." You own the bragging rights until next year though. All it takes is a look back at this decade to know which side of the state has the best football.

6A - Maryville has been to 7 out of 8 Championships winning 4 . Whitehaven has been to 3 of 8 Championships winning 2 . An Old Coach told me a Long time ago when you talk down and disrespect your opponent, all you're doing is Diminishing your own accomplishments.

Whitehaven has 2 while Rutherford county still has none , I think that definitely puts Whitehaven above all 6A teams not named Maryville .

As I said immediately after the game on here lat night, but BHS KWC and Havengrad did not see.. "I like my crow cold... " Whitehaven played a great game and dug in and did not give up. congrats on the win and safe travels" I really enjoyed picking at you guys and hwish you much success.

My bad Blaze45:

I was so high on adrenaline, that I was up until at least 2 AM on CoachT that I read it, and then probably forgot that I read it. I was also too busy going back through the older posts in this thread. Kinda hard to do on your smart phone.

My apologies.

As I said immediately after the game on here lat night, but BHS KWC and Havengrad did not see.. "I like my crow cold... " Whitehaven played a great game and dug in and did not give up. congrats on the win and safe travels" I really enjoyed picking at you guys and hwish you much success.

Thanks Blaze and good luck to y'all as well! It was an awesome ride. It was good connecting with all of you on here, the good the bad, and the ugly. Respect the Haven!

I am talking about the media not fans sorry I should have said that in the post .

Makes one kind of wonder about next year's pre-season 6A AP Poll. I wonder if it will start out with Oakland ranked #2, and Whitehaven ranked #3, like it has been the past few years?

Hmmmmmm?

Edited by kwc

Makes one kind of wonder about next year's pre-season 6A AP Poll. I wonder if it will start out with Oakland ranked #2, and Whitehaven ranked #3, like it has been the past few years?

Hmmmmmm?

Hey that reminds me of that Maxi Pad guy that was sent down here to cover Rutherford county football, haven't seen him lately , reckon Maxi pad has moved him to Memphis and he's still moving ?! 😂😎 Edited by pepvol

I just want to congratulate Whitehaven on a well deserved victory. Oakland came into the game with the nasty D and it was well deserved, but I think that Whitehaven D was just as nasty or nastier. Very impressed. And they won without a really good passing game which is a testament to how good that defense is. Congratulations to Whitehaven and their fans on a well deserved victory.

Yeah, but on 4th and 16, late in the game when we desperately needed it. The QB confidently threw a bullet up the middle of the defense to a well covered #12, who caught the pass and absorbed the hit from the Oakland DB for a 1st down. That pass play was monumental in Whitehaven winning the game. Whitehaven doesn't throw it around a lot, but the passing game was more then adequate last night. I'm going to give props where props are due.

Edited by kwc

Here to eat my crow! I was wrong about this game in several ways. Congrats to the Whitehaven fans and players. You guys are certainly the real deal. I think your size and strength eventually starting wearing on Oaklands defense and you really had your way late in the game. I do wonder if Oakland will add some offensive wrinkles in the offseason. It seems to me they only really run about 8 plays.

YOU CAN'T STOP A GOOD BACK. AT SOME POINT HE WILL BREAK YOU OFF WITH A LONG RUN AT THE MOST INCONVENIENT TIME OF THE GAME FOR THE OPPONENT...THE 2 MINUTE MARK. YOU'VE BEEN STOPPING THIS DUDE ALL GAME LONG AND TOOK ONE PLAY OFF AND GOT BURNED FOR 60. NOW YOU SUCKIN AIR. BALLGAME! THAT'S WHY THEY ARE SO DANGEROUS. DON'T MATTER HOW GOOD YO DEFENSE IS. ALL THEY SAYIN TO THEMSELVES IS "THEY CAN'T STOP ME! "

#LOP

#DUEL THREATS

Here to eat my crow! I was wrong about this game in several ways. Congrats to the Whitehaven fans and players. You guys are certainly the real deal. I think your size and strength eventually starting wearing on Oaklands defense and you really had your way late in the game. I do wonder if Oakland will add some offensive wrinkles in the offseason. It seems to me they only really run about 8 plays.

I'm reading all of these people stating negatively about Oakland's play calling and game planning.

This is very funny to me. Go back to the very beginning of this thread and see if that was an issue that was brought up before the game. Wait. I'll save you the trouble. It was NEVER an issue. As a matter of fact. The Oakland offense was scoring so many points, and the defense was so stout that, that wasn't even considered to be an issue. NOW, all of a sudden, Oakland needs some "offensive wrinkles"?

You guys are amazing. Quite frankly, it's extremely difficult to execute plays when the opposing team's defense is better then anything you have faced all year. You may get a shot or two, but you had better make them count because you aren't going to get many of them.

Maybe, it's not the need for "wrinkles" in the offense as to why Oakland lost.

Whatever.