Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Let me fix that, I think Maryvilles a better 1st half team than Whitehaven, and this was before Whitehaven showed there spread Offense BTW

I'm not going to concede that either. I can't think of any team that could have started a championship game that badly against such a quality team, and only go in at the half down one TD, and a Safety. I said it at halftime ... I was giddy that we were only down 9.

Do you think any other team could of had the start we had and hold Oakland to 9 measly points?

I don't.

So, I don't agree. I'm not saying you are wrong. It's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I just don't agree with the assessment.

That was a very strong defense our offense faced. We ended up doing what other teams had not been able to do all year.

We only gave up one TD to Oakland, and we shut them out in the 2nd half. No other team has been able to do that all year.

NOBODY!

Edited by kwc

Ok so I have gone back and watched the last 4 games Whitehaven played and my pick really hasn't changed ..Whitehaven is a little lose on the edge and I don't see the depth . Yes they have some first string talent, but getting into the 2 and 3s if it gets that deep will not match up well at all. You continually compare yourself to Bama, but Bama has depth for days... you have it in the backs, but that is it...

What is your assessment now? Still feel that way?

6 games this year your D has given up 14 points or more so I don't know why you don't think they will put up 17 or more. Oakland is better than those teams. I think it's going to be a battle with athletes all over the field but Oakland has the better kicker. I think it comes down to the kicking game

Now do you understand why I was so adamant about the Whitehaven defense not giving up 17 points to Oakland?

Edited by kwc

LOL So Cordova ranked 16th in the state 615th in the nation can score 19 points on you but Oakland the number 1 ranked team in the state and the 43rd ranked team in the nation can not score 17 points on you. LOL Makes a lot of sense to me, There seems to be a lot of teams between 615th and 43rd. But then I am just a dumb old redneck from the Murfreesboro area.

I know it didn't make sense to you before the game because you didn't know how special the Whitehaven defense was. I did. Ergo, my statements about me not thinking that Oakland would score 17 on the Whitehaven 'D'. Now, you know what I know.

This was a great game. I was glad that everyone in TN got a chance to see the Whitehaven defense that we in Memphis got a chance to watch all year.

I'm glad that I finally got a chance to see Oakland play. I was not disappointed. Great team. Great athletes. Great program. Great game.

Congrats to Da Haven, best game of the weekend to watch IMO, as I love hard hitting defensive battles, I knew this could go either way because it would be low scoring and close at the end.....

The comments in the 1st half cracked me up, after the game there are the select few tearing down Oakland instead of giving WH their due credit, everybody talked about how good one of the defenses is all week, they didn't realize the other one was just as good.....lol

They know now.

I've just been perusing through the Whitehaven Football twitter account. I didn't realize our freshman team won the West TN sectional championship vs Haywood County.

Congrats to the freshman team! Congrats to the DC who coaches that team, coach Harmon! (That man can flat out COACH). Congrats to Bryson Eason for being the Game MVP. (You do know that Bryson is #20 don't you @ BHS ... that's right, he's a freshman)

Very impressed with this young man, will be a force the next 3 years.....congratulations on the State Title

Congrats to whitehaven. Just like every other team, they had a few players not quite ready for the game, but they had more with the determination to come back and win it. Even in the first qtr when they looked so bad, I could see some of those kids show the determination that they were not going to lay down. Hung around and won it. Great game. Great season for both teams.