Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Congrats Whitehaven!!!  Athletes all over the field tonight on both sides but the one that caught my attention the most was #20 from WH, heck of a player and he is only a freshman.  I wish there would have been fewer penalties, that took some of excitement away from what was an outstanding defensive ballgame, but I enjoyed watching these two teams.

Whitehavens Head coach deserves a lot of credit for going to his plan B, because his plan A "power I pound the rock game" didn't have a chance. That spread look was something I'm sure Oaklands coaches & players wasn't expecting..

That credit should be aimed at the OC, coach D. Coach Saulsbery doesn't micro manage his coordinators. He let's both of them call their games. Always has.

However, that package is a part of the Whitehaven repertoire.

Edited by kwc

I'll stand by my post regardless of shot out BA.

cant change a fact to lie that easy my friend ..that gold ball will be in Brentwood (middle) ..if you like it or not.. now go have another drink ..u going to miss the party!!

Edited by boski

Congrats Whitehaven!!! Athletes all over the field tonight on both sides but the one that caught my attention the most was #20 from WH, heck of a player and he is only a freshman. I wish there would have been fewer penalties, that took some of excitement away from what was an outstanding defensive ballgame, but I enjoyed watching these two teams.

Smart game planning by coach Creasie. Those offensive and defensive shifts were a stroke of genius. It took our young men a moment to asjust. Our linemen are SO aggressive, it worked for a period. The guys adjusted eventually.

Edited by kwc

I know everyone is recruiting him to play safety, but Oakland's coach barely tried to get JaCoby Stevens the ball. This was puzzling to me.

You just can't drop back and throw willie nillie on the Whitehaven defense. The deep throw they made got picked and almost ran back for a TD.

Edited by kwc