Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Most years there are 2-5 public schools that could play with or beat the best of D2. Average and bad D2-aa schools mercy rule above average 5A 6A schools on the regular. D2-AA is deepest most talented classification in the state hands down. That being said here is my top 10

1.Whitehaven

2.BA

3. MBA

4.Oakland

5.Ensworth

6. Mccallie

7.Maryville

8.Baylor

9.Cordova

10. Aloca

Nice list, but in my opinion, BA nor MBA could stand up against the Oakland 'D'. I'd have Oakland 2nd.

That pass happy attack is a recipe for the quarterback getting repeatedly pummeled and the wrs getting cleaned up coming cross the middle would a cause "alligator arms"

Havengrad04:

If you haven't streamed the BA vs MBA D2-AA championship game ... please do. Mayne ... you HAVE to watch that game. It is very enlightening. 

Enough for me to re-do my list. You've already read it.

I'm not being hateful when I ask. Im really curious of your reasoning. How do you have Memphis East above MBA when MBA beat the same opponent Pearl Cohn by 42 and Memphis East won by 1. Like what's your logic there?.

I can agree to disagree with the Whithaven BA game. Those teams are in the same ballpark at least. But Memphis East above MBA....how do you come up with that?

They look that bad?

You may not come away with the impression I had, so you need to go look for yourself. I was NOT impressed with either's defense. In comparison to Whitehaven's or Oakland's.

Just hold off arguing with the D2 guys on this thread and go LOOK for your self. THEN, tell the 'room' what you think. Just based off of the 'eye' test. 

if you really think BA looked bad you need to reexamine your logic. They played Ty chandler who's one of the best rb's in the country and held him down to 218 yards. Which is a good outing for anyone vs Ty Chandler. Whitehaven would not even run for 150 on BA or MBA. Kylan watkins can't touch Chandler's jockstrap on the football field, so if they held TC down "special k"would be a a joke. Then when they pass the ball. games over bc they cannot throw it

if you really think BA looked bad you need to reexamine your logic. They played Ty chandler who's one of the best rb's in the country and held him down to 218 yards. Which is a good outing for anyone vs Ty Chandler. Whitehaven would not even run for 150 on BA or MBA. Kylan watkins can't touch Chandler's jockstrap on the football field, so if they held TC down "special k"would be a a joke. Then when they pass the ball. games over bc they cannot throw it

Got it.