Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

I didn't argue that - I said struggle. You guys are not Alabama so not sure you would not struggle against the spread like you did with shg until you play against it for a bit.

A qb who can avoid pressure opens up quick passes and up the middle but most important it opened up 100 yard rushing games for him like clockwork . Just hard to contain that in high school esp a team with the athletes Ba has

The qb we had this year is the perfect prototype for that offense. Drives teams and d coordinators crazy trying to stop him - -I have watched him for a long time and no one has shut him down . The below from that article talks about the challenge even an Alabama team faced

----------------------------------------

Saban did all he could to contain Watson, but there's only so much you can do. The pass rush was slowed, and at times negated, by the fact that Watson could escape from the pocket and still deliver the ball down the field. The Tide really struggled in their base coverages because they'd end up yielding massive voids in the middle of the field when Watson left the pocket and the inside linebackers followed to chase him. When they'd blitz Watson, they became vulnerable to the quick passing game. Or worse, Watson escaped and was able to run wild on man-coverage defenders who'd turned their backs to him.

As I said, Alabama has beaten way more Spread teams than otherwise

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I didn't argue that - I said struggle. You guys are not Alabama so not sure you would not struggle against the spread like you did with shg until you play against it for a bit.

A qb who can avoid pressure open up passes to the outs and up the middle. Just hard to contain that in high school esp a team with the athletes Ba has

The qb we had this year is the perfect prototype for that offense. Drives teams and d coordinators crazy trying to stop him - -I have watched him for a long time and no one has shut him down

----------------------------------------

Saban did all he could to contain Watson, but there's only so much you can do. The pass rush was slowed, and at times negated, by the fact that Watson could escape from the pocket and still deliver the ball down the field. The Tide really struggled in their base coverages because they'd end up yielding massive voids in the middle of the field when Watson left the pocket and the inside linebackers followed to chase him. When they'd blitz Watson, they became vulnerable to the quick passing game. Or worse, Watson escaped and was able to run wild on man-coverage defenders who'd turned their backs to him.

Watson plays in Middle TN? I'm sure the QB at BA doesn't have near the talent not athleticism to run the spread like Clemson currently does

It does not matter - it's relative on the level you are on. Take time to read the article. Same with shg - didn't matter - Watson didn't play there either -

Johnny Manziel was a nightmare for Alabama and many other teams - they adjusted but it took time

Watson plays in Middle TN? I'm sure the QB at BA doesn't have near the talent not athleticism to run the spread like Clemson currently does

It does not matter - it's relative on the level you are on. Take time to read the article. Same with shg - didn't matter - Watson didn't play there either -

Johnny Manziel was a nightmare for Alabama and many other teams - they adjusted but it took time

That game was soooooooo long ago. You can't extrapolate ish from it. But you can look at these guys now and look at these stats now and you can see how we would not give up many points and score plenty

You guys have no ability to pass the ball and without throwing the ball BA would just put 8 and 9 in box and you wouldn't run it. And your defense wouldn't be “gap sound" after the 1st quarter when the tempo has hit them and they are down 14+ points lol

Lol, We'd Moss on them all day if they they tried to play man with 9 in the box. We can throw IF we have to. We just rarely have to.

Edited by Havengrad04

Lol, We'd Moss on them all day if they they tried to play man with 9 in the box. We can throw IF we have to. We just rarely have to.

I watched you alls quarterback throw lol looks like the chose the best athlete from white haven and said throw to your team. the reason why the played two different ones. I know for a fact that he could not make enough accurrate throws against a BA defense. You would not " moss" anyone.

Because you stop the spread by mixing man and zone. Our dbs are talented enough now to man up on top receivers. Our lbs and safeties are talented and disciplined enough to play the necessary zones underneath and over top. The Olines are the strength of most D2 schools. Our DLine is talented enough to get a rush on the quarterback and possibly drop to the flats if needed. I trust our coaches to study enough film and have our guys in the right position to be successful. No D2 defense is as good as ours or Oaklands so I believe we can still have success running in them. Those are my reasons/

wait hold up... you think those dbs will be smart enough to disguise coverage and mix it up against an up tempo spread? the reason the spread is so effective is because defensives cant disguise bc the ball is snapped within 10 seconds of the play clock. Obviously white haven has never played against an up tempo offense because thats not memphis football. memphis football is running a tradtional I Formation offense because they do not have QBs smart enough to make 3-4 progression reads.So they get under center and hand the ball off. Like i said earlier its just a more adanced play of football. I know yall are fast and strong but BA is as well and have very high caliber athletes that would match white haven and offensively you would struggle against BA because there is no adjustment or change offensively or defensively ( EX: Oakland game) . Besides the fact of that 1 pass play and that 1 long run it was a very sloppy game.