Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

14 hours ago, powerp said:

The freshman should get it. He has the tools, is not your typical freshman, and is the future anyway. Might be some growing pains at first but he will do just fine. As far as last years linemen, 50,55, and 62 all were quality players but 70 had that motor. Pirate football is getting near!

Powerp what kind of mess is this? Her you go already naming a freshman durn mvp.  You are full of mess.  Would you quit telling  Griders secrets before the first game? I was watching a you tube video about nocking a hole in the line and that number 70 needs to watch it.  You think im joking but im not. 

On 7/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, TyroneBiggums said:

Serious question kinfolks. Can you kinfolks share more than your normal banter between yourselves long enough to give me the lowdown on SP this year? Moving from Ooltewah to Lookout Valley area to get closer to downtown and plan on seeing SP and MC play a good bit this year. Went to that game last year and it was unreal for small ball. Seems like SP and MC both lost a lot from last year. What does the line play look like at SP and what all skill players return or are expected to play big roles? 

We will be lucky to lineup, hunker down and snap the ball.  We are pretty slow (not real slow as Glenn would say) and small.  No one up I75 should worry about it.

21 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Roy, you actually know what YouTube is and how to use it?

That man at Ronnies red eye showed me that you tube mess.  I garuntee you I was real mad yesterday at that charter mess.  I couldnt even watch my blocking and tackling video.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

That man at Ronnies red eye showed me that you tube mess.  I garuntee you I was real mad yesterday at that charter mess.  I couldnt even watch my blocking and tackling video.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy,

I guarantee you that youtube is a bunch of mess. They have a bunch of videos that are supposed to be about tackling and blocking that end up being a Rick Astley music video for that durn song "Never Gonna Give You Up". I tried to show a video about blocking to that Shadowens man and that durn song came on. I guarantee it made both of us real mad. You think im joking but im not.

58 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

Congratulations to the South Pittsburg Pirates on being ranked number one in the Murphy Fair Class 1A pole. Dresden is number 2 and Cofield comes in at a distant third

What's Murphy trying to do... sabotage us? I love SP, but anyone with half a brain would have Huntington, Wayne County, Dresden, and Coalfield all above us. 

2 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Roy,

I guarantee you that youtube is a bunch of mess. They have a bunch of videos that are supposed to be about tackling and blocking that end up being a Rick Astley music video for that durn song "Never Gonna Give You Up". I tried to show a video about blocking to that Shadowens man and that durn song came on. I guarantee it made both of us real mad. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that Shadowens man better watch more than that blocking and tackling video.  He better watch how to make his passer throw the ball real far and his runners run real fast.  I bet them durn fellars round jailhouse will even let him borrow one of them stud making videos.  They still trying get the proper technique down.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

OP was right all along it's coming, so all you 1A teams take notice, if you want to go to Cookeville you gotta go through South Pittsburg. 

Noted, the cream always rises to the top.  The Pirates will be hard out for any team in the east and probably west for that matter.

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

OP was right all along it's coming, so all you 1A teams take notice, if you want to go to Cookeville you gotta go through South Pittsburg. 

It hasn't been too hard to go through us the past three years. Hopefully we've changed and improved because it would be nice to make it back to Cookeville. I was told we have 6 seniors on this team. Can anyone confirm?