Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

Just now, PiratePrideChamp said:

Honestly, Moore was given a disrespectful group, but he led himself to his own demise he couldn't keep them under control and as a head coach that's your main job. Control the team.

I don't know about a lot about the inner workings of his teams but I did hear that an assistant took care of a lot of his jobs while he was there. I can't confirm or deny that though and it's in the past now. I just wanted you to understand that you will never hear me question Coach Grider. Like I said, I didn't even question Coach Moore. 

Yeah I know. Your one of the faithful. Didn't mean for it to sound like I was calling you one of the Harvey's Coaches. lol I just hate that lots of people think anything less than a gold ball is a failure (not saying you do) .. Sure with the success we have had in the past a gold ball is expected, wanted, and sought after each year but a semi-finals loss to a team that in my opinion was just a little more well rounded than us  doesn't mean we aren't the Beast of the East in 1-A.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

I was sitting here reading in my Murphy Fair book today and I was wondering who this White man is that is coaching with Grider? I garuntee you he hasnt  been in my other Murphy Fair books.  I was also reading about this Lawson boy.  My book says he is a junior and 240 pounds.  That man at Ronnies red eye said he could nock a hole in the line for our runners to run through.  Grider didnt even call Murphy to tell him to put in his book that our boys are playing these Atlanta boys.  You think im joking but im not. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:11 AM, TheAmbassador said:

It's a good thing the rant is over. I'm the least critical fan of our coaches EVER on here. I was defending Coach Moore when people were all over him. I defend and support Coach Grider as well. You need to do some research and homework before making statements that aren't true. Go back and find me ONE instance of me questioning the coaching for the Pirates.  You won't find one. Now my rant is over. 

Moore wasn't a bad coach at all.  That last year got weird with the mamma ball.  To be honest, I think Victory saw it coming and needed a break.  Furthermore, Tim Moore was a Pirate i the 70s and an All State linemen in Class A when it wasn't easy to do.  Lastly, he was a side Saddle single wing lineman. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:39 AM, PiratePrideChamp said:

Honestly, Moore was given a disrespectful group, but he led himself to his own demise he couldn't keep them under control and as a head coach that's your main job. Control the team.

No, his problem was not controlling The Mammas.  Several of them needed body slammed from the nickel seats and then punted out of the stadium.  We ended up with Coach Stone over at Boydie because of Mamma ball.

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

I was sitting here reading in my Murphy Fair book today and I was wondering who this White man is that is coaching with Grider? I garuntee you he hasnt  been in my other Murphy Fair books.  I was also reading about this Lawson boy.  My book says he is a junior and 240 pounds.  That man at Ronnies red eye said he could nock a hole in the line for our runners to run through.  Grider didnt even call Murphy to tell him to put in his book that our boys are playing these Atlanta boys.  You think im joking but im not. 

Murphy was already printing on his pole when those Atlanta boys said they wanted to play a home and away gig.  Those Waverly coaches wanted to play over in Woodbury or some such place.

9 hours ago, rlh said:

Murphy was already printing on his pole when those Atlanta boys said they wanted to play a home and away gig.  Those Waverly coaches wanted to play over in Woodbury or some such place.

Woodbury? They wanted to play us at Cannon County HS? LMBO. Regardless, I'm glad the schedule is filled now. What time is the scrimmage Friday?

17 hours ago, Roy Dillard said: