Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

20 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe our numbers are still holding around 45 which is an extremely big team for our standards. 

Barney would you quit telling these other teams how big our boys are? That Peek man is going to be real mad.  He has been training our boys getting them big and strong and your on here telling people how big they are.  What kind of mess is this? 

Edited by Roy Dillard

20 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Barney would you quit telling these other teams how big our boys are? That Peek man is going to be real mad.  He has been training our boys getting them big and strong and your on here telling people how big they are.  What kind of mess is this? 

No, Roy if you would do better at reading comprehension you could tell I said we had around 45 boys on the team. I haven't said a word about the size of anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's about that time. the season isn't here yet, but ITS COMING. I have not read through the whole thread yet so haven't got to catch up, and I doubt I will. Lol my opinion on this years group is pretty cut and dry. This year I see a nice playoff run. If we gel and the QB position is solid maybe more. The future is bright my friends.. VERY VERY bright.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

On 7/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, TheAmbassador said:

It hasn't been too hard to go through us the past three years. Hopefully we've changed and improved because it would be nice to make it back to Cookeville. I was told we have 6 seniors on this team. Can anyone confirm?

I would say most of our greenback friends would say that even though they handled us later in the game, that we were in no way a cakewalk. Sometimes your statements make you sound like one of the old, spoiled, ungrateful fans that sit around on Saturday morning telling their buddies what one of the best coaches in the state done wrong the night before. Everyone can't be Alcoa. With an exception of the year we got dropped by copper basin I think our program has been one of the most consistent in the state when it comes to winning ball games. The standard has to be set high in order to achieve the goals our community and program set, and I realize that.  I'm just saying it's kinda a smack in the face to the guys that bust their tails all year so you have a reason to cheer on Friday nights. Rant over. 

14 minutes ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

I would say most of our greenback friends would say that even though they handled us later in the game, that we were in no way a cakewalk. Sometimes your statements make you sound like one of the old, spoiled, ungrateful fans that sit around on Saturday morning telling their buddies what one of the best coaches in the state done wrong the night before. Everyone can't be Alcoa. With an exception of the year we got dropped by copper basin I think our program has been one of the most consistent in the state when it comes to winning ball games. The standard has to be set high in order to achieve the goals our community and program set, and I realize that.  I'm just saying it's kinda a smack in the face to the guys that bust their tails all year so you have a reason to cheer on Friday nights. Rant over. 

It's a good thing the rant is over. I'm the least critical fan of our coaches EVER on here. I was defending Coach Moore when people were all over him. I defend and support Coach Grider as well. You need to do some research and homework before making statements that aren't true. Go back and find me ONE instance of me questioning the coaching for the Pirates.  You won't find one. Now my rant is over. 

Just now, PiratePrideChamp said:

I said you sound like one of those guys not that you are one. So you may have taken what was said out of context a little, because I know your not. I was saying that's what you sounded like by making that statement. 

Ok I understand. My statement was made in reference to them saying they had to come through SP to go to Cookeville. I was meaning "it hasn't been that hard for you guys to do it the last three years so what would make you think you couldn't this year?"