Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

So, all the posters from SP have been sand bagging, the cat is finally out of the BAG,  SP is LOADED. 

Young but talented this season but the next 3 years that follow will be special. Line play this year on both sides of the ball will likely surprise some teams. Size & Depth won't be a concern from what I'm told. 

45 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee you that Shadowens man better watch more than that blocking and tackling video.  He better watch how to make his passer throw the ball real far and his runners run real fast.  I bet them durn fellars round jailhouse will even let him borrow one of them stud making videos.  They still trying get the proper technique down.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy,

You are full of mess. Our passer finished second out of ninety durn passers at that David Cutcliffe man's passers camp at Duke. Our runners are running real fast too. I guarantee ya that Shadowens man has some tricks up his sleeve.  Murphy didnt put us in his pole and it made us real mad and we are gonna show how full of mess he is. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by TheGuvna
My post was full of mess.

14 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Roy,

You are full of mess. Our passer finished second out of ninety durn passers at that David Cutcliffe man's passers camp at Duke. Our runners are running real fast too. I guarantee ya that Shadowens man has some tricks up his sleeve.  Murphy didnt put us in his pole and it made us real mad and we are gonna show how full of mess he is. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that Shadowens man needs to work on the hail marry.  When those pass defenders come up to tackle the runner fake it to him and throw a hail marry.  That Shadowens man is going to have to win more than two games to get toward the top of Murphys pole. You think im joking but im not. 

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee you that Shadowens man needs to work on the hail marry.  When those pass defenders come up to tackle the runner fake it to him and throw a hail marry.  That Shadowens man is going to have to win more than two games to get toward the top of Murphys pole. You think im joking but im not. 

I guarantee that Shadowens man has been watching videos on youtube since November.  He learned about blocking, tackling, hailmary passes, and lifting weights to get stronger. You think im joking but im not.

17 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I've known Shad a long time. He's a good coach and good man. William Blount is improving under him. 

I believe so too. Even though the results in regards to wins and losses havent come yet I have seen improvement. The numbers out for football and the commitment in the weightroom has gone up each year.  Also, WB's middle school program went undefeated and won the championship last year and for the first time in ages (maybe the first time ever) all of the good 8th graders from last year will put on a Governors uniform this year instead of defecting to Maryville or Alcoa. Those things show that kids and parents believe in what Shad is doing.

Edited by TheGuvna

31 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

I believe so too. Even though the results in regards to wins and losses havent come yet I have seen improvement. The numbers out for football and the commitment in the weightroom has gone up each year.  Also, WB's middle school program went undefeated and won the championship last year and for the first time in ages (maybe the first time ever) all of the good 8th graders from last year will put on a Governors uniform this year instead of defecting to Maryville or Alcoa. Those things show that kids and parents believe in what Shad is doing.

True words... Tell Shad I said hi. 

On 7/1/2017 at 8:27 AM, TyroneBiggums said:

Serious question kinfolks. Can you kinfolks share more than your normal banter between yourselves long enough to give me the lowdown on SP this year? Moving from Ooltewah to Lookout Valley area to get closer to downtown and plan on seeing SP and MC play a good bit this year. Went to that game last year and it was unreal for small ball. Seems like SP and MC both lost a lot from last year. What does the line play look like at SP and what all skill players return or are expected to play big roles? 

Any, many, mighty, mow. Old Pirate says theys trimmers,  Don't fellers wished they know'd