Griders 2017 Pirates

Roy Dillard

18 minutes ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

He made the play that beat y'all. Y'all just got whipped at pretty much every position man. Especially up front.

Are you stupid? You are going to make this Mathis man real mad. This is a bunch of mess. I have been reading some in my Murphy Fair book and these jail house fellars is going to be good.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

He made the play that beat y'all. Y'all just got whipped at pretty much every position man. Especially up front.

Kennemore made the 4th down catch for the 1st TD, made the punt return for the 2nd and caught that last second pass for the win. Heck for all i know he may have kicked that FG lol..... I can remember a couple years ago all I heard was Walt beat y'all by himself. I tried to say it was a team performance but nobody would agree. So.... It's pretty much the same situation.

If you're gonna dish it, gotta be able to take it.

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Kennemore made the 4th down catch for the 1st TD, made the punt return for the 2nd and caught that last second pass for the win. Heck for all i know he may have kicked that FG lol..... I can remember a couple years ago all I heard was Walt beat y'all by himself. I tried to say it was a team performance but nobody would agree. So.... It's pretty much the same situation.

We stole one last year. Y'all take it easy on us this season. Several of the kids responsible for that Pirate win graduated. The best RB in the area will be hard to deal with. Add in the fact that you might also have the second best RB in the valley in the younger kid and a much improved QB. I know exactly what we will be up against. 

31 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

We stole one last year. Y'all take it easy on us this season. Several of the kids responsible for that Pirate win graduated. The best RB in the area will be hard to deal with. Add in the fact that you might also have the second best RB in the valley in the younger kid and a much improved QB. I know exactly what we will be up against. 

As long as Kennemore is there you have more than a chance trust me. We don't stand a chance with this line I've heard so much about. If MC couldn't beat you guys last year with the team we had we may never win another one. Never should have lost that game honestly. I've watched a few of our practices this week and we will be lucky to be .500 this year.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

should have never kicked it to kennemore.  I would say the same this year, if he is back deep then kick it out of bounds.  after he returned one for the score and we got the tying field goal, we kick it to him again and he returns it to near mid field.  That may have been why they were in position to have thay final heave.  Hopefully the staff learns from that, either thay or hope the kicker has a huge leg.

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

should have never kicked it to kennemore.  I would say the same this year, if he is back deep then kick it out of bounds.  after he returned one for the score and we got the tying field goal, we kick it to him again and he returns it to near mid field.  That may have been why they were in position to have thay final heave.  Hopefully the staff learns from that, either thay or hope the kicker has a huge leg.

The kicker has been kicking consistently to the 5. He will get some touchbacks this year. Killing FGs but that's with no rush. We'll see soon enough I guess. In the spring he was kicking 30 to 40 yd FGs with ease, one after another.

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

The kicker has been kicking consistently to the 5. He will get some touchbacks this year. Killing FGs but that's with no rush. We'll see soon enough I guess. In the spring he was kicking 30 to 40 yd FGs with ease, one after another.

kicker u, is that what we have become?  lol, we go the entire history of our program without having a kicker, now the last few years we have dynamite at that position

4 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

As long as Kennemore is there you have more than a chance trust me. We don't stand a chance with this line I've heard so much about. If MC couldn't beat you guys last year with the team we had we may never win another one. Never should have lost that game honestly. I've watched a few of our practices this week and we will be lucky to be .500 this year.

Marion County will be fine in 2017. As for SP... this isn't one of our most talented teams. I think our line play won't be quite as good as last season, but we do seem to have more depth behind those starters than we have had in awhile in the offensive and defensive lines. 

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Kick it out of bounds and Grider will make you kick it again.   We tried that theory back in 08.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Kick it out of bounds and Grider will make you kick it again.   We tried that theory back in 08.

I think he's talking more about the punt that was returned 64 yards to the house.  

But you're right. Grider will make you kick again on a kickoff out of bounds.

Edited by Southtowner
  • Upvote 1