Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

1 hour ago, BigSwo said:

I don't know anything about injuries . Not new ones anyway.  If I did,  I wouldn't blab about it on here.  Not trying to be a smart mouth even thoughit sounds like it.  All I know is.......we shall see. 

Smart mouth gumbah!!!  Hope they heal up before season. If they are even hurt. 

21 hours ago, SImpleplan said:

I heard there are some new injuries for the UC boys? I hope not.

We had a couple nagging injuries over the summer.. just played 7on7 ball short handed.. As far as I know we will be fully healthy week 1.  No serious issues to my knowledge. unless something has happen at camp in last day or 2.  We did loose a great player who has moved away. That really hurt us. kid was a beast... but we got other young guys stepping up  

• Upvote 1

I've seen some of Mayfield recently and I predict about a two touchdown victory. Huge line, one of the fastest teams ever at Mayfield. Mayfield will spread UC out on defense, does UC have the athletes to match up with the Cards? I know UC will try to control the clock on the ground and if they do this could tighten up the game. UC has a great program so I expect a lot of pride from their players but I still think Mayfield will out athlete them. 

• Upvote 1

Mumbles, all of that has been tried before.  Spread UC out and out athlete our defense.  I'm not saying it can't happen, because last year Dresden showed that it can happen.  However Dresden would have beaten the 2A champ and I believe that team would competed for the 3A title.  I refer you to the 2009 Championship game between UC and South Pittsburgh.  That "spread em out" tactic. ......seldom works against our defense.  It's been tried and tried.  I'm looking forward to a great game.  

2 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Mumbles, all of that has been tried before.  Spread UC out and out athlete our defense.  I'm not saying it can't happen, because last year Dresden showed that it can happen.  However Dresden would have beaten the 2A champ and I believe that team would competed for the 3A title.  I refer you to the 2009 Championship game between UC and South Pittsburgh.  That "spread em out" tactic. ......seldom works against our defense.  It's been tried and tried.  I'm looking forward to a great game.  

It should be a great game, Mayfield has had success against UC before. I'm sure it has been tried before against UC and the great majority of the time it doesn't work. However, Mayfield is a different animal than most. Mayfield has tremendous amount of speed for a small school and they are very well coached.  

Best defense is when offense has the ball. Haven't heard of any injuries.  Camp has been hot but productive. Boys excited about how they are looking.  As always, and bigswo agrees, if we play physical, get out there and compete, and limit fumbles, we'll be tough. 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, BigSwo said:

That 6th grade game was a dandy. I was on the sidelines helping coach my Jr. Tornadoes.  I remember that pick 6 very well.  I'm hoping for a good game like that in the season opener.  Should be a dogfight.  Compete Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Go Tornadoes. 

Wish we could play the 8th grades this year! I think it has been discussed.

3 hours ago, mumbles said:

I've seen some of Mayfield recently and I predict about a two touchdown victory. Huge line, one of the fastest teams ever at Mayfield. Mayfield will spread UC out on defense, does UC have the athletes to match up with the Cards? I know UC will try to control the clock on the ground and if they do this could tighten up the game. UC has a great program so I expect a lot of pride from their players but I still think Mayfield will out athlete them. 

Yes UC has more than enough athletes to match your cards.  UC has plenty of speed too.  We all know Mayfield has been strong for a long time, but UC isn't the same program as it was when you played them 20 or 30 years ago.  UC has been stronger than Mayfield for about 10 years when they got coach Bowling. I've seen both a few times the last 10 years.  Mayfield defense won't stop UC offense.  UC will eat 6 minutes of clock and put it in the end zone every time.  UC will get a couple of stops on Mayfield and its over.  Mayfield has won some titles, but come on Kentucky 1a ball, put UC in Kentucky 1a they would win it 9 out of 10 years.  Mayfield would be lucky to win a 1a title in Tennessee once every ten years.  Last years Dresden team would have beat Mayfield by at least 40.  By the way how was that 28 point butt whippin y'all got in the semis last year. Lol

• CoachT changed the title to Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017