has there been a better start for a head coach (es) ?

maj

5 division 1 prospects? If Greenback has 5 D1 prospects then they underachieved and I'm getting bad in my evaluation.

I am just stating what I have read this year and what I over heard some greenback fans saying at a couple of their games. They do have two committed to tech, One at NC , and silvery for sure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberts has already signed with the TarHeels, big tight end has the body. Silvey is pretty short for a lineman but he does have a motor.  Its better talent than most 1a teams. 

The lineman from Maryville has the size for d1 and the Freshman lineman could be special 3 years from now.

Pujo, prospects can't sign until February. He may have committed to NC, but I could commit to them too and it won't mean a thing unless the paper is signed.

Yeah they came up short two years in a row and this year's final's loss stings worse than last year but has the 27 wins vs 3 losses in the first two years posted by Greenback's coaching  duo been accomplished before ? These are Quarles and Rankin numbers and pretty rare. Thinking back a couple of years ago when coaches Kilpatric and Ryan were tagged as " interim " coaches following the abrupt resignation of the rather questionable ( being very diplomatic here )  new head coach hire before the season began, I don't think anyone at Greenback could have predicted this kind of success. The program was in chaos back in the summer of 2015- the new coaches quickly settled the team down, parked their respective egos and focused on the success of the team. In my not so humble opinion the last two years have been nothing short of amazing for GB football. I don't think anyone could have gotten more out of the kids at Greenback than these two. Impossible to prove it but I would bet my last dollar the coach they replaced would never have posted these numbers so quickly, if ever.

Congratulations to Kilpatric and Ryan on another great year !

It is a really impressive start. I know just about most of the high school coaches in the state could win with other teams best players. This would be really impressive if they had made these two runs without all the transfers.

Not knocking any Coach but you have to see what coaches do with average talent to really grade um. Alot of coaches could have done less. Time tells all tales

If memory serves me correct, these two coaches didn't win much before when they coached at Greenback with mainly Greenback kids 

Edited by EastTennesseeExpert

If memory serves me correct, these two coaches didn't win much before when they coached at Greenback with mainly Greenback kids

Wrong again EXPERT Kil was head coach in 2008(Ryan was OC) made quarterfinals only loses was to Oneida(who by the way had two brothers who outstanding football players move in also)who lost to Trousdale who won the state in 08.GBs record 11-2.So you could say these two coaches together are a combined 38-6 still ain't bad!:roflolk: Your ignorance sticks out like a sore thumb. Edited by orngnblk

It is a really impressive start. I know just about most of the high school coaches in the state could win with other teams best players. This would be really impressive if they had made these two runs without all the transfers.

Not sure what your ax to grind is but more often than not Greenback has fielded  playoff caliber teams, so much so that many of the larger local schools don't want to play them. Up until a couple of years ago virtually of the kids were second and third generation students at the dilapidated Greenback school. A new school and some small residential subdivisions in the area have attracted a few new people but most of the kids still have their roots in GB and surrounding Loudon county.  Exactly how many kids make up your ballyhooed " all the transfers " statement ? Nobody ever moves into whatever school it is you claim ? Various blended families where kids of divorced parents move back and forth doesn't happen in your world ? The GB program while historically strong was pretty much in a mess in 2015. The school was going through a lot of changes, New Building, new principal , exodus of a lot of long term teachers and a new football coach who probably never should have been hired in the first place. Said coach left before the season started but some damage was done and the 2015 team could have easily folded the tent and become one of the whipping boys in 1a. I've said it a couple times and I will do it again- the co head coaches deserve a lot of credit for keeping the kids focused and winning. The first 2 years the two coaches worked together have produced a record maybe equaled only a couple of times in TN. Why you feel the need to detract from it is something of a mystery to me.

The statement about most coaches being able to win with the other teams' best players is idiotic. You know nothing of the sort. Some coaches get more out of a particular kid than others. All stater one place might be a mal content bench warmer some other place- same kid different coaching styles.

I'm fairly certain Kilpatrick and Ryan are too busy prepping for next year to be spending any time on this board, but just in case they take a peek- Great job guys !   Pay no attention to the east TN downer. He is the sort of expert that knows more and more about less and less and he now knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Wrong again EXPERT Kil was head coach in 2008(Ryan was OC) made quarterfinals only loses was to Oneida(who by the way had two brothers who outstanding football players move in also)who lost to Trousdale who won the state in 08.GBs record 11-2.So you could say these two coaches together are a combined 38-6 still ain't bad! :roflolk: Your ignorance sticks out like a sore thumb.

Your red butt sticks out even more. You don't like people exposing the Greenback program for what it is.

Your red butt sticks out even more. You don't like people exposing the Greenback program for what it is.

I don,t think O&B has ever denied the importance of the transfers and the way its aided the success. He,s just Greenback through and through and don,t like anything negative about his beloved school.

My red butt was setting on the bleachers at TTU for the last two years watching my team play 30 games and win ONE OF THE ONLY TWO BALLS given out.So nope not red actually I stand at the games so it def wasn't red.Big maybe but not red.You need to congratulate Mr Roberts on the Division 1 big time scholarship he just signed also.That would be the gentleman thing to do.These coaches work hard and get it done.Remember last year Silvey sat out in the semis and it was just our GB boys beating a team picked to beat us.Oh and by the way just wait till next year I'm betting on my boys again!BOOYAH!