Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

Updates, per BHS request, frm the Whitehaven Football Twitter page: WW gave a verbal committment to Butler CC, Rayshad received an offer from Ole Miss

Commitments:

#5, S, Jabril Malone - TSU (Tenn. State Univ.)

#4, DT/FB, Shabar WIlson - WIU (Western Illinois Univ.)

#22, OLB, Aubrey Miller - UM (Univ. of Missouri)

#72, OL/DL, William Whitfield - Butler Community College (Butler CC Football)

Offers:

#1, DE/OLB, J'Len Smith - Air Force Academy (de-committed), Naval Academy, Western Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, West Point (Army), Tenn. Tech. Univ., Howard Univ., Gardner-Webb Univ., & Univ. Tenn. Chatt., Mercer Univ.

#64, OL/DL, Anthony Geter - Missouri Baptist, Avila Univ., Cumberland Univ., Kentucky Christian Univ., & Stetson Univ.

#2, WR/KR/PR, Makerion Johnson - Northeastern State Univ., Univ., Ark. Monticello, Missouri Baptist, Southern Miss. Univ., & Univ. Ark. Pine Bluff

#9, WR/KR, Kenneth Garrett - Lindsey WIlson Univ., & Naval Academy, (told per resource), Univ. Ark. Monticello 

#28, MLB/OLB, Vontavious Thacker - Univ. Ark. Monticello & Kentucky State Univ.

#3, QB/S, Austin Harris - Fullerton College

#8, Ath., Lesley Mosby - Kentucky Christain Univ.

#58, OL/DL, Darrick Jackson - Univ. Ark. Monticello

#50, OL/DL, Tyler Walton - Kentucky Christian Univ. & Univ. Ark. Monticello

#11, SB, Kylan Watkins - Univ. Tenn. Martin, (TTU .. unconfirmed)

There may be more, but at this time I haven't heard nor have I read about them anywhere. We will see come February during the signing period. All of the individual listed above are seniors. However, there has also been an offer to a junior on this team. He is listed as follows:

#19, DB, Rayshad Williams - Univ. of Tenn., Ole Miss

I'd also like to add this about #82, DE/TE, Devon Robinson. I don't know if he has any offers, but I would guess that has a few by now. Currently, he hasn't put any of his offers on his twitter page. I may be wrong and he hasn't received any at this point. However, when I ask his grandfather, coach Collins, how many schools are after his grandson, he just smiles and says ... " a lot". I did, however, discover via his twitter page, that he has been on two official recruiting trips. Arkansas hosted him on November 12th at the Arkansas/LSU game that Arkansas lost 38-10. Alabama hosted him on November 26th at the Bama/Auburn game that Bama won 30-12. Again, I have no clue who has offered to date.

Green = new offer since last post

Edited by kwc

Bama needs to offer Williams!

Anybody with any insights on Da Haven,

Do you think Williams will play any offense this year? You know he originally came to play QB and as far as I know that position is ALL THE WAY UP IN THE AIR at the moment.

I have no clue if he will play any offense or not. If I'm not mistaken, the QB position was up in the air at this point last season as well. It will get worked out. They have some talent at the position.

Who? What number?

Well let's examine the roster shall we? The 2016-2017 roster currently has seven (7) people with the QB designation by their name listed as follows:

1. #3, Austin Harris, Sr., 5'-11", 180 lbs
  2. #8, Lesley Mosby, Sr. 6'-2". 205 lbs.
  3. #14, Steven Brewer, Jr., 6'-3", 250 lbs.**
  4. #15, Vincent Guy, So. 5'-10", 160 lbs.
  5. #16, John Monger, Jr., 6'-2", 195 lbs.*
  6. #18, Keyshawn Harris, Fr., 5'-10", 145 lbs.
  7. #19, Rayshad Williams, Jr., 6'-4", 175 lbs.

We know that Austin & Lesley are seniors and they are gone. That leaves five on the roster with QB by their name. I kept up with spring workouts last year and the summer scrimmages as well. #14, Steven Brewer had issues that had folks concerned about his health, If I remember correctly. He didn't see much action last year during the spring or summer. I haven't heard much about him since. #15, Vincent Guy Jr., aka "VJ" is the JV QB. He was the Freshman QB last season. He came in and played seldom in any varsity this year ... in a few blow outs. He actually saw more action on the field at Safety then at QB. #16, John Monger, had flashes of good performances last season in the spring. He also saw some action early on in the summer, before the QB battle was narrowed down to be between Austin and Lesley. I actually like what I saw from him of what little I did see. However, I don't know of his current status with the team. #18, Keyshawn Harris is the Freshman QB. I have not seen him play. I do know that coach Harris has raved about him. Then there is#19,  Rayshad Wiiliams. I did not see him play any at QB. That doesn't mean that he hasn't. All I saw was him getting work in at the corner position. 

That's all I know. I'm sure the coaches have some idea of what direction they want to go in. That's why you have spring practice.

Edited by kwc

Underclassman recruiting update:

According to the Whitehaven Football Twitter Page which retweeted, #82, Devon Robinson's Twitter Page; and #19, Rayshad Williams Twitter Page which states that both just got invited to 'The Nike Opening Regionals' which is a prestigious 'Invitation only' football camp.

I know that last year Aubrey Miller was invited to one and he went and really turned heads. This is great news. Also, If I'm not mistaken, Joshua McMillon went to one the summer of his senior year as well.

Devon and Rayshad ... now is the time to grind so the two of you can go to The Opening and dominate!

Congrats on the invite to both young men. Now both of you, go be great! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Edited by kwc

Underclassman recruiting update:

According to the Whitehaven Football Twitter Page which retweeted, #82, Devon Robinson's Twitter Page; and #19, Rayshad Williams Twitter Page which states that both just got invited to 'The Nike Opening Regionals' which is a prestigious 'Invitation only' football camp.

I know that last year Aubrey Miller was invited to one and he went and really turned heads. This is great news. Also, If I'm not mistaken, Joshua McMillon went to one the summer of his senior year as well.

Devon and Rayshad ... now is the time to grind so the two of you can go to The Opening and dominate!

Congrats on the invite to both young men. Now both of you, go be great! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The defense will be back on hard

The defense will be back on hard

I can only imagine how the recruitment of #20, Bryson Eason, will go. I'm sure the coaching staff and his parents have already looked to see what camps he needs to attend. I'd love to see some of those college coaches facial expressions when they find out that he will only be a sophomore next season. I can see them doing a double-take now in my head and be like ... "What did you just say young man? ... You are a sophomore?" as they scribble notes to tell the HC that they need to offer him ASAP.

Yeah, i'm in agreement, the 'D' will be tight next year. Throw in the fact that Hercules will be back on the DL. #23, Joshua Gray is only a sophomore this year, and he will be back as well in the defensive backfield. Here is a name to watch out for. #26, Sean Wilder. He plays Corner and Safety. He's another DB with some size on him who can flat out play. Whenever I saw him get on the field I've been impressed with his physicality and coverage skills.

However, the above being stated, there are still some gaps to fill. The coaching staff has their work cut out for them.

Edited by kwc