2017 East Tn off season crootin, thoughts and questions

32hammer

The Storm they weathered was just the 1st front coming through.  I bet they're nervous until June. I think some parents might take a good long look hat their kid's life will look like for the next four years, especially if they talk to folks that have been through it.

Those of us that love and support William Blount--and who base our opinions on more than just football--are not "nervous" about anything.  Incredible school -- incredible leadership -- drawing more and more recognition academically every year.  It's a great school, just like Maryville, Alcoa, and Heritage are great schools.  I'm a parent who "went through it" with three kids and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.  Proud to be a William Blount graduate married to a William Blount graduate and father of three William Blount Graduates.

You are correct sir. My source was incorrect on the position. Rankin closed the deal as he is also a stud footballer. Starz?? Come on man!!

Looking forward to seeing this player on the diamond and football field. Alcoa baseball will be young, strong freshman class last season and this seasons freshman class is loaded also. Will be some growing pains this year but could really develop into a great couple of years of baseball.

Looking forward to seeing this player on the diamond and football field. Alcoa baseball will be young, strong freshman class last season and this seasons freshman class is loaded also. Will be some growing pains this year but could really develop into a great couple of years of baseball.

It would appear that mlreb is going to have to take over recroottin. No way he lets a two sport stud end up across town.

No disrespect intended for anyone, but I'm curious if you or any others that frequently comment on the forum had a son that played football for 4yrs at WB?

I am only 25 years old. So no, I do not have a son, much less a son old enough to have already been through the WB football program for 4 years. Having said that, if I ever have a son who plays a sport I will not let them transfer to Maryville or Alcoa. I will send them to WB. You've questioned WB for dropping Alcoa from the schedule saying "What kind of example is the administration providing for the kids by "running away from good competition". I'll ask you a question, "What kind of example are parents setting for their kids by running away from the difficult athletic situation at the county schools?" You've already reframed that action by saying parents need to do whats best for their kids, but when you get right down to it both are taking the easy way out. You cant criticize WB for dropping Alcoa and simultaneously praise and encourage parents who send their kids to city schools to win. Is that not taking the easy way out in a sense? Yes or no? The way I see it is its like you're in a war and the opposing army is closing in and you wave a white flag and join them to avoid being on the losing side. Edited by Governors91
  • Upvote 1

Those of us that love and support William Blount--and who base our opinions on more than just football--are not "nervous" about anything.  Incredible school -- incredible leadership -- drawing more and more recognition academically every year.  It's a great school, just like Maryville, Alcoa, and Heritage are great schools.  I'm a parent who "went through it" with three kids and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world.  Proud to be a William Blount graduate married to a William Blount graduate and father of three William Blount Graduates.

A lot of what you say, I can agree with. Great teachers and great kids. I do think it is too big and that most students would benefit from smaller community schools.

When I said "been through it" I was specifically talking about football. A ton of respect for you Govman, but if you've not had a kid go through it, its really hard to understand.

Does that make sense?