knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

Knox Co schools will not hire a non certified individual as a Head Coach of a major sport. Football or Basketball. If Coach Lane is not a certified teacher does he even have a college degree. I am not saying he isn't a qualified coach. But he will be working for a Public School System. The question is he a qualified educator.

He will be at Catholic lol

Here we sit with no HC and kids head back to school on Monday. Workouts should begin when they get back but with no coach in place does the current staff make that happen? The administration has dropped the ball with this one. At this point, I don't care who they name as coach as long as one is in place so these kids can get to work!

From an outsider's perspective, the long and drawn out nature of this search does not seem to be in Coach Lane's favor. One would think that if he was gonna be the guy, they would go ahead and name him coach. Sure you have to interview anyone you think is suitable candidate, not doing so would be a disservice to the school, but to me, the longer it drags on, the less likely they are to name Coach Lane the head coach. Maybe it is all because Knox County has been out of school, but some mentioned a time frame of last week to this week, which makes me think they are dragging this out because they are searching for some one as opposed to trying to hire Coach Lane. With all the talk in this thread, which I will take as true since i do not know for sure, of Coach Lane being a certified, it seems the school system would need to make a special exception to hire him. 

if he is not certified then the longer this takes the better chance he has to get the job. He would have to get a special license to allow him to be able to teach which would require UT also to be in place which they aren't in school as of now. Knox county has to interview all candidates that apply that are certified before they choose a guy that is not certified. I believe Lane has a strong chance to get the job with it being middle of the year.

From an outsider's perspective, the long and drawn out nature of this search does not seem to be in Coach Lane's favor. One would think that if he was gonna be the guy, they would go ahead and name him coach. Sure you have to interview anyone you think is suitable candidate, not doing so would be a disservice to the school, but to me, the longer it drags on, the less likely they are to name Coach Lane the head coach. Maybe it is all because Knox County has been out of school, but some mentioned a time frame of last week to this week, which makes me think they are dragging this out because they are searching for some one as opposed to trying to hire Coach Lane. With all the talk in this thread, which I will take as true since i do not know for sure, of Coach Lane being a certified, it seems the school system would need to make a special exception to hire him.

I don't know what the problem with not being certified is, if in fact Lane is not certified. Don't you old West people remember T Rod. He wasn't certified and he had a great career at West. He came into Knoxville and changed the culture of East Tennessee high school football.  A great innovator an brought KFL football out of the dark ages.

While some people are on the subject of certification, why with all the experts we have on the T, why can't some one find out if Lane is certified. All of you West experts, supporters, critics, and close friends of Lane just call him up and ask him. Are you certified to teach in Knox County, Tennessee.

Just throw him in the weight room or put him in credit recovery like BHS does. Its really working for the dogs don't you think.