OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

7 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

I see Graham in the slot in spread formations and in the backfield in tight formations.  His 2 long runs at Maryville were from each.  Our offense is like Army's (a descendent of the Flexbone), except we will probably be using the spread more often.  There are lots of alignments, but use option concepts off of the snap.  Your starting LBs are pretty much what you see out there: Adams and Angel on the inside and Simpson and Mitchell on the outside.  The freshman will be awesome, looking forward to seeing them play this Sat. in the Jamboree.  3 of the future stars played in the last series against Maryville and Tee's cousin had a big pass reception that lead to a TD.

Good stuff. So, let me do a run down. Fill in the blanks let me know who I missed.

QB Stewart

RB Graham, Simpson, Romano, Thompson

WR Martin, Pendergrass, Replogle, Mitchell

OL I don't even know the starters names besides Hawkins.

DL Borchers, Cox ? ? 

LB Adams, Angel, Simpson, Mitchell

Secondary Thompson, Replogle, Pendergrass, Martin???

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Good stuff. So, let me do a run down. Fill in the blanks let me know who I missed.

QB Stewart

DL Borchers, Cox ? ? 

I don't know the names of the offensive linemen except Hawkins #66 who started last year. The other numbers who started were 74, 53, 75, and 67 and I don't know who any of them are.

9 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

I see Graham in the slot in spread formations and in the backfield in tight formations.  His 2 long runs at Maryville were from each.  Our offense is like Army's (a descendent of the Flexbone), except we will probably be using the spread more often.  There are lots of alignments, but use option concepts off of the snap.  Your starting LBs are pretty much what you see out there: Adams and Angel on the inside and Simpson and Mitchell on the outside.  The freshman will be awesome, looking forward to seeing them play this Sat. in the Jamboree.  3 of the future stars played in the last series against Maryville and Tee's cousin had a big pass reception that lead to a TD.

He's been in the slot a big % of the time in the scrimmages. I'm not a coach but IMO that's a big mistake because I don't see many ways to get him the ball out there. I guess they're worried about him being too small to carry the ball 8-10 times a game.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

QB Stewart

DL Borchers, Cox ? ? 

I can fill in some blanks:

DL:  Add Johnson

Secondary:  Add McGee who will split time with Martin

I can also see the freshman playing at WR later in the year.  We are really loaded at skill positions.  

I doubt they have him at slot because of size. He definitely can play RB.  Maybe it's to make teams expand, maybe to get him acclimated to pass game more. Maybe it's because Gaddis ( old ball coach) knows what he can do at RB and wants to find out what others can do. Wasn't Graham a RB his freshman and sophomore year. I could have read it wrong but didn't he have almost 900 yards as a freshman and over 1300 as sophomore. I don't think they are concerned with his size.  He's just short. Looks pretty solid. I seen games on TV and a couple live and all his runs are not outside, he runs inside too.  Big run against Farragut was inside and Dobyns Bennett run on news highlights looked like that was a lead play. He reminds me of Dykes and a player that played for Bearden several years ago. So I guess Ed Jackson boy Tre is not playing? A church member daughter knows him and says he wants to focus his arts (I hear he is unbelievable actor, dancer, and singer). But he will run track :D.  As you guys/gals can tell I'm big track fan. Where and who are you playing in the jamboree.

15 minutes ago, GIJoe said:

I doubt they have him at slot because of size. He definitely can play RB.  Maybe it's to make teams expand, maybe to get him acclimated to pass game more. Maybe it's because Gaddis ( old ball coach) knows what he can do at RB and wants to find out what others can do. Wasn't Graham a RB his freshman and sophomore year. I could have read it wrong but didn't he have almost 900 yards as a freshman and over 1300 as sophomore. I don't think they are concerned with his size.  He's just short. Looks pretty solid. I seen games on TV and a couple live and all his runs are not outside, he runs inside too.  Big run against Farragut was inside and Dobyns Bennett run on news highlights looked like that was a lead play. He reminds me of Dykes and a player that played for Bearden several years ago. So I guess Ed Jackson boy Tre is not playing? A church member daughter knows him and says he wants to focus his arts (I hear he is unbelievable actor, dancer, and singer). But he will run track :D.  As you guys/gals can tell I'm big track fan. Where and who are you playing in the jamboree.

Good points. Jordan is small in stature, but like you said he is solid. I remember his freshman season when we played Ooltewah in the playoffs he got loose around the corner and one of their star defenders (Rashaun Freeman who was a Senior) and Jordan met head on in a collision. Needless to say Jordan probably got the worst of it, but he  never has shied away from contact, that's for sure. Apparently the freshman team is playing Bearden @ Powell @ 10 o'clock AM according to the above post by SI.

Edited by SweetScience