OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

7 minutes ago, GIJoe said:

HVA looked more athletic than I thought they would be.  Still big concerns upfront and overall depth. In regards to scheduling, the regions have set dates for region games by the weeks. i.e. week 3,5,7,8,9, and 10. It is up to the coaches to find non conference games that would fix those open weeks.  Teams like Oak Ridge have definite Rivalries that they would like to fit on their schedules. "MOST coaches"  would like to play the rivalry games (gate$$$$) early because the records won't affect the attendance ($$$). Also MOST coaches would rather play tougher games early and build from them than to get a false narrative and find out late that they are not ready for tough competition in the playoffs. Finally and probably the most reasonable, coaches have to play games that FIT the other schools openings because not every region has the same region game weeks.  So to say it is stupid or not smart may be a little oversight but your opinion. I am thankful Gaddis brought back what should be a yearly game with HVA. Just for location alone, we may be the closest school to OR. Very similar in academics also. Lastly when you're a program with a history of greatness like Oak Ridge "to me" (my opinion) it would seem rather weak to look for cupcake schedules. But fans like it because they can brag for 6-8 weeks then blame the coaches that they played to weak of a schedule.  Glad I don't coach.

The coach must also do what's best for his team. Did Gaddis not know that his team would be so inexperienced up front? If so, how is that possible? Why would he schedule our toughest opponents, and our most physical opponents in the first month? Are you telling me that getting beaten up physically and possibly being 1-3 after four weeks is good scheduling? Are you telling me that games in August and early September have a big carry over in the November playoffs? If you are then I don't believe it. NOT GOOD SCHEDULING GADDIS

Yes, I know we play Powell and Karns. I was in a big hurry and meant to say play Powell and Karns early and DB and HV at the later dates. Thanks to a couple of previous posters for  articulating what I was thinking. For all the good it will do. And thanks to whoever arranged the competitive schedule with the games make enough  $$$$$ to help pay for the non revenue producing sports. Quite a wordy post so there should be plenty to pick apart.

The coaches draw for district opponents and play dates, then they try to find opponents for the other 4 non district games. They must match open dates, home and home games. You can't always match up all the games with the opponents on the weeks that you want. Sometimes you have to  take what you can get. Kinda like the way LIFE goes. 

20 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Cats, you kill me dude. Are you ever NOT bitc&$#@ about something? Lol I still love you though, bro.

I'm hopeful that my complaints will continue to bring positive results. I complained for YEARS about not having breakaway speed at the running back position and NOW WE HAVE IT!!! I don't care what any of you say...our schedule is STUPID and I want it fixed! We should NOT be playing our toughest and most physical opponents at the front of our schedule with the inexperience we have up front! It is a recipe for a bad start and a bad season. Come on Gaddis...fix the schedule!

23 minutes ago, atrisk said:

So, you feel that your years of complaining made speed materialize on the OR football team? If so please start complaining about low Social Security payments and low CD rates. The US health care system could also use some of your complaining.

I complained for years that the Democrats needed to be removed from power in Congress and they were! Now that the Republicans have controlling power, they don't know what to do with it so the Democrats will be back in control soon, and they should be. North Korea is a problem that we've waited for too long to address, so we better handle it soon. Social Security is not coming soon for me but I'll try to get it fixed for you...as well as health care! Since it's football season now. I must repeat...GET THE SCHEDULE FIXED GADDIS...it is STUPID!

2 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm hopeful that my complaints will continue to bring positive results. I complained for YEARS about not having breakaway speed at the running back position and NOW WE HAVE IT!!! I don't care what any of you say...our schedule is STUPID and I want it fixed! We should NOT be playing our toughest and most physical opponents at the front of our schedule with the inexperience we have up front! It is a recipe for a bad start and a bad season. Come on Gaddis...fix the schedule!

I am not sure I understand the logic here. 1) Play the toughest opponents up front when you have most if not all your playmakers healthy and your O- line and D-line are fresh. VS. 2)  Play them later in the year when you have experience with some of these young guys, but now have a haggerd  and tired line, and risk that some of your players may or may not be healthy enough to play.  Not my dog fight, but I would rather have the opportunity to test them while they are healthy... They may suprise you and grow as a player and flourish this season because of it.

Edited by Blaze45