OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Hopefully it will come out in public the reason this has happened. Right now it's the blame game.  I played for Boy's Club many years ago. We played the last game (8-9  o'clock) Mondays at Bill Myers stadium. I don't know where they play now, but the roads are alot better. I would like to see the city,OR, take a more proactive role in league formation. We also need to get the number of kids participating to around 200 or more. I know, I know $$$$, but I think this is being worked on right now.

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

So, what does everyone think of our youth teams getting kicked out of their respective conference? Feel bad for the kids!

I think it takes some very SORRY individuals to take football season away from young kids this close to the season especially. Whoever was a part of the decision, whatever, the reasons, are SORRY! We need to find out where they're from and get Gaddis to run the score up on their high school team!

9 minutes ago, catswild said:

I think it takes some very SORRY individuals to take football season away from young kids this close to the season especially. Whoever was a part of the decision, whatever, the reasons, are SORRY! We need to find out where they're from and get Gaddis to run the score up on their high school team!

Yeah....that should do it. Run the score up on them.

I'm excited about this scrimmage and I think it will tell us more than the Maryville scrimmage will tell us. I doubt Heritage has the speed that we do but they will likely be tough and physical up front. That's all I'll be looking at and I'll have a better idea of how our season will be after this evening. If we hold our own up front against Heritage, that will be a very good sign. I don't expect to hold our own up front in either scrimmage, but I want and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

33 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm excited about this scrimmage and I think it will tell us more than the Maryville scrimmage will tell us. I doubt Heritage has the speed that we do but they will likely be tough and physical up front. That's all I'll be looking at and I'll have a better idea of how our season will be after this evening. If we hold our own up front against Heritage, that will be a very good sign. I don't expect to hold our own up front in either scrimmage, but I want and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

True, but both will be telling.  I'm looking for quality of line play, offensive execution, and most important (to me) our level of intensity.  We have shown over the years that coming out flat in a scrimmage pretty much determines that we will do so in at least one regular season game.  Lots of young guys will play, so I expect young guy things to happen. Like you, I hope our guys show out tonight.

10 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

True, but both will be telling.  I'm looking for quality of line play, offensive execution, and most important (to me) our level of intensity.  We have shown over the years that coming out flat in a scrimmage pretty much determines that we will do so in at least one regular season game.  Lots of young guys will play, so I expect young guy things to happen. Like you, I hope our guys show out tonight.

I'll bet that our team comes out flat in at least one game anyway. I know we did when I played. It's just inevitable. High school guys do it, college guys do it (Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan...etc.), and even the NFL teams do it.