OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Hey GI Joe, were you going to guess the former Wildcat player/Clemson Tiger?

I do have a small story about him and his dad. I went to the practice field and sat in the wooden bleachers to watch a scrimmage. Two guys sat beside me and we watched OR have a great scrimmage. A great OR scrimmage does not happen often for many reasons. OR scores another TD and out comes the extra point team ( a huge hint there ) and the guy next to me says," are they always this good?" and the other guy who is a father of a player says, " no, usually they do not have a good team.

I got so pissed I left the bleachers and stood the rest of the scrimmage. How in the world could a parent of a Wildcat player say we don't usually have a good team? We may have only 8 State Titles and 1 National Title coming in the 1950's, 1960;s, 1970's, 1980's and 1990's and many State Semifinal appearances but we are hardly, "not a good team."   :D

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Willie, why don't you start Clemson Tigers thread. Should be easy enough under the new topic headline?

No, deep down I will always be an Oak Ridge Wildcat fan. My biggest regret in life was telling Coach Hale no when he asked me to play  when I was entering my 10th grade year. I thought I was a basketball player.

Truth be known, I have been a huge N.C. State fan since 1970. My brother-in-law turned me on to the Wolfpack. I did pull for UT my four years there but prefer the UTC Mocs where I went to Grad School.

I will just continue to post here on Tee, Caleb next season at EKU, and the other former Wildcat players at Carson=Newman, Blueridge ect. I am trying to start a Tee Higgins Clemson Tiger Facebook page but I am 54 years old and social media is still a language that I struggle with. When I was a kid we used a stick to draw up plays in the dirt.

I trust nobody will mind me posting about Tee/Clemson on here. I am actually the first person to post on a CoachT Message Board back in the 1990's. The Board was for Lawrence County Girls Basketball and they had recently beat our Lady Wildcats for the State Championship. The Board then expanded to include all the teams in Lawrence County's District like Shelbyville. Coach Thompson moved on to AAU Girls Basketball which is where I met him and watched OR players play AAU ball in places like Brentwood, Mt Juliet, and Chattanooga. I stopped being involved in AAU ball and lost touch with Coach Thompson but have continued to use this site to follow prep sports. Back in the day, I was considered a controversial poster because I came off sounding like a know it all. Now, I just post from here Chattanooga knowing there is so much about Oak Ridge High sports I don't know but enjoy finding out about.

That is way more information about me so I will hit submit and go to twitter or Facebook. CoachT will always be my home though

19 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Aaron Hunt was the last OR player to play for Clemson. 

I knew you or Bounder would get it:D If I remember correctly we did have a Wildcat pitcher commit there but don't know how things worked.

On twitter it seems like a OR baseball player may have been offered a scholarship to UTK recently but I struggle trying to follow tweeter. Since you are limited to a certain number of words the kids have developed a new language to communicate with.:D D. Middleton, out in Indy, Kansas is easy to follow though. Man, I sure wish he would have played against Ooltewah in the playoffs Tee's junior year. Maybe a State Title cold have been won that season. Who knows/

22 hours ago, atrisk said:

We should have played for the championship that year IMO

Wanting to win a state title or wanting to play for one is easier said than done. It has been a LONG time since we've had the QB and the OL to do either. The last year I really feel like we SHOULD have won one was 2005. I thought our offense was good enough last year because we had great weapons but the OL was an issue and the defense was bad. The 2-3 years before that the defense was good enough to play for one but the offense wasn't. This year neither line will be good enough to play for one but anything is possible. I'll stick by my 6-4 prediction and second in the district but I hope I'm wrong! I still think the schedule will do more harm than good, but that's just me.

QB and Graham stays healthy I don't see 4 losses. Turnovers and injuries are key to OR season to me. Watching them at MC 7 on 7 I seen a faster group, coaches did less telling what to do on plays more fixing little things for instance vs Alcoa WR coach told WR to use body to create separation by leaning in on defender. Your QB coach told QB that foot spacing were too straddled. You can tell their QBs were reading coverages. I was on Alcoa side bleachers and heard #2 said I should of read the hole. Every other year it seemed players were learning offense. Defense coached talked about run through upfield hip. They just looked better prepared and seemed to be more united.