OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, bounder said:

Who were the kids on the practice field yesterday? Some had blue pants and white jerseys and some had red and white. Thought maybe Jefferson and Robertsville. But didn't know.

I'm out of town on vacation but I read in the Ridger a week ago about a camp Gaddis and his staff were having...maybe that was it. Not sure why RMS and JMS would be there though.

43 minutes ago, catswild said:

What about the upcoming season SS?  I see us at 6-4 unless our line is better than I expect.  If we beat HVA then 7-3. We will likely be second in the district unless we beat Fulton. Our non district schedule is a killer...not wise Gaddis

I'll wait to see how we look against HVA before I make any hard predictions on the season, but if I was going to predict now I would agree with your 6-4 or 7-3 predictions. I kinda like the tougher non region schedule. It will prepare us better for the playoffs in my opinion. I'm coming in with pretty low expectations this season, so maybe they will surprise us? We will see.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I'll wait to see how we look against HVA before I make any hard predictions on the season, but if I was going to predict now I would agree with your 6-4 or 7-3 predictions. I kinda like the tougher non region schedule. It will prepare us better for the playoffs in my opinion. I'm coming in with pretty low expectations this season, so maybe they will surprise us? We will see.

Thanks SS. I'm not sure how to handle it when we agree! It's more fun when you're mad at me! Lol

21 minutes ago, bounder said:

Someone told me it may have been Boys Club boys, that I saw on the practice field.

It is a new football camp for the kids in Oak Ridge. I forget the ages involved but they are full uniforms unlike the camp Gaddis used to run every year. The ad for the camp was put up on Facebook showing a picture of Tee and asking the question  who would be the next High School All American from Oak Ridge.

There was a short video clip placed on Twitter yesterday showing a young RB running over a defensive player. The kid is a real big fan of Tee's and attended a Clemson football camp this summer.

It seems to me that this version of OR youth football camp will be more successful in providing basic football skills and improved interest in youth football than previous camps.

I have no news really on Tee at Clemson. He was shown a lot in a video of the freshmen's first week of school. Both Tee and Amari Rodgers (Knox. Catholic and Tee Martin's son ) have impressed the strength and conditioning coaches. The two roommates have also had veteran receivers telling Coaches that they have been impressive in workouts. The coaches are looking forward to being able to coach them when fall practice starts.

Oh, I understand why SS and Catswild are keeping their expectations low until after the first game with HVA. Probably the smart thing to do. I am going with my heart and seeing a 8 - 2 or 9 - 1 record. No more keeping it vanilla, these Cats will finally over succeed expectations Lord knows we have not done that in a while.

Well, I hope we all get along this season on the Board  The team does well. But, that is probably asking too much. OR message boards always seem to get messy:D

11 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

It is a new football camp for the kids in Oak Ridge. I forget the ages involved but they are full uniforms unlike the camp Gaddis used to run every year. The ad for the camp was put up on Facebook showing a picture of Tee and asking the question  who would be the next High School All American from Oak Ridge.

There was a short video clip placed on Twitter yesterday showing a young RB running over a defensive player. The kid is a real big fan of Tee's and attended a Clemson football camp this summer.

It seems to me that this version of OR youth football camp will be more successful in providing basic football skills and improved interest in youth football than previous camps.

I have no news really on Tee at Clemson. He was shown a lot in a video of the freshmen's first week of school. Both Tee and Amari Rodgers (Knox. Catholic and Tee Martin's son ) have impressed the strength and conditioning coaches. The two roommates have also had veteran receivers telling Coaches that they have been impressive in workouts. The coaches are looking forward to being able to coach them when fall practice starts.

Oh, I understand why SS and Catswild are keeping their expectations low until after the first game with HVA. Probably the smart thing to do. I am going with my heart and seeing a 8 - 2 or 9 - 1 record. No more keeping it vanilla, these Cats will finally over succeed expectations Lord knows we have not done that in a while.

Well, I hope we all get along this season on the Board  The team does well. But, that is probably asking too much. OR message boards always seem to get messy:D

Willie have you bought your Clemson season tickets yet?

52 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Willie have you bought your Clemson season tickets yet?

LOL, no but I have the okay from wifey for us to go down to Atlanta next season to watch a glass of sweet Tee wash down a Rambling Wreak.

So far, I have an orange Tiger Paw hat, a white long sleeve Clemson t-shirt, a purple Clemson t-shirt. an orange National Champs t-shirt with the # 5 and Higgins on the back, a pair of Clemson crew socks and a pair of purple mesh shorts. On the wish list is Clemson PJs and a # 5 Tee Higgins jersey. They only sell five jerseys with name and numbers per year so Tee will have to do really well there to get that honor. I could get a Watson jersey now but it would not be the same.

Ok, Oak Ridge fans, name the last Wildcat to play for Clemson?

Best of luck RW for Maryville this season.

18 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

LOL, no but I have the okay from wifey for us to go down to Atlanta next season to watch a glass of sweet Tee wash down a Rambling Wreak.

So far, I have an orange Tiger Paw hat, a white long sleeve Clemson t-shirt, a purple Clemson t-shirt. an orange National Champs t-shirt with the # 5 and Higgins on the back, a pair of Clemson crew socks and a pair of purple mesh shorts. On the wish list is Clemson PJs and a # 5 Tee Higgins jersey. They only sell five jerseys with name and numbers per year so Tee will have to do really well there to get that honor. I could get a Watson jersey now but it would not be the same.

Thanks Willie! Good luck to OR as well!

OMG! I just watched on Facebook Live, Tee and Amari Rodgers participate in their Clemson media photo shoots. They looked soooo good in their Orange uniforms. They took individual pics with and without helmets and then did some shoots jumping up and chest bumping Don't judge me but I have goose bumps on my arms and can barely type. I will try to figure out how to put the video on here, twitter or Facebook.

For now, go to the Facebook page, Oak Ridge Silent Auction and bid on some Wildcat items. You have to hurry because once the golf fund raiser is over so is the auction.

41 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said: