OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Then there's 6he argument that the somewhat easy district schedule is why we haven't done well in the playoffs. Lots of opinions and probably a bit or more of truth in all of them. Weather the non district schedule is a positive or not is a good topic of conversation. My take on it is that the schedule SHOULD keep the team focused and in touch with tough competition. Plush I enjoy the game and like the closer games. I usually have a somewhat educated guess about our end of the season record, but with the schedule and really not being able to get a handle on this year's team I have no idea. Kinda makes this season different and fun. 7/28 @ Heritage & 8/4 @ Maryville will tell alot.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, GIJoe said:

QB and Graham stays healthy I don't see 4 losses. Turnovers and injuries are key to OR season to me. Watching them at MC 7 on 7 I seen a faster group, coaches did less telling what to do on plays more fixing little things for instance vs Alcoa WR coach told WR to use body to create separation by leaning in on defender. Your QB coach told QB that foot spacing were too straddled. You can tell their QBs were reading coverages. I was on Alcoa side bleachers and heard #2 said I should of read the hole. Every other year it seemed players were learning offense. Defense coached talked about run through upfield hip. They just looked better prepared and seemed to be more united. 

You must have been on the field to hear all of that back and forth. I went a few years ago for a couple of hours and the only thing I ever heard a coach say was when Gaddis was screaming "last play" at the end of the other team's series of plays.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, atrisk said:

Then there's 6he argument that the somewhat easy district schedule is why we haven't done well in the playoffs. Lots of opinions and probably a bit or more of truth in all of them. Weather the non district schedule is a positive or not is a good topic of conversation. My take on it is that the schedule SHOULD keep the team focused and in touch with tough competition. Plush I enjoy the game and like the closer games. I usually have a somewhat educated guess about our end of the season record, but with the schedule and really not being able to get a handle on this year's team I have no idea. Kinda makes this season different and fun. 7/28 @ Heritage & 8/4 @ Maryville will tell alot.

I'm an old lineman who doesn't "watch the ball"...I watch the line play. I wasn't a great lineman but I wasn't bad. I do NOT like our schedule because it's front loaded with TOUGH teams who are very physical and very good up front. This will put our inexperienced and outmanned lines at a huge disadvantage before they can possibly be ready for such great challenges. HVA is loaded up front, DB is loaded up front, CC is HUGE and physical up front, and Farragut is loaded up front. I don't say we can't win those games because we can but I expect to lose three of them because I what I described earlier. I think it's poor scheduling and I'm not sure what it does for us in the playoffs three months later. I will be THRILLED, if not ASTONISHED, if we are 2-2 after the first four games!

Edited by catswild

D-B and Farragut were both real strong with their front 7 last year, but we managed wins. I made mention that I thought the line came off the ball better in the WB scrimmage in the spring than all of last year. This doesn't mean they will be a better unit, they just moved better at the snap count. OF course imo.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Yea, 2-2 sounds about right. Not that CC won't be big and tough but didn't they graduate most those big guys we beat up on last year?

I always check the program for returners up front and yes, CC lost some but they still have some very big guys coming back.

41 minutes ago, atrisk said:

D-B and Farragut were both real strong with their front 7 last year, but we managed wins. I made mention that I thought the line came off the ball better in the WB scrimmage in the spring than all of last year. This doesn't mean they will be a better unit, they just moved better at the snap count. OF course imo.

DB outplayed us up front but we managed to win anyway (Tee/Graham) and the same thing happened with Farragut. I hope we big play our way to victory over them because I doubt we can handle either up front.