OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

I thought we had a good day.  Like GIjoe said, we spread the ball around very well.  Martin and Mitchell had good days, actually Mitchell had a great day.  I like the speed we present on defense.  If our line play can hold up, we should have a good year there.  We are young and we did some young team things this morning (too many blown coverages), but those can be fixed in the next 3 weeks.  Looking forward to the Heritage scrimmage on the 28th.

2 hours ago, catswild said:

Who did we play and how did we do against each team?

We played everyone and mixed the personnel up a lot.  Qbs were Stewart, Booker, Reedy and the new transfer.  Stewart looked the best passing which you should expect from your returning starter.  Main receivers were Martin, Mitchell, Pendergrass and Replogle, but the whole group played.  Running backs were Graham, Simpson, Thompson and Romano.  

We played Heritage first and pretty much had our way with them.  We moved the ball very well and defended great.

Next was Alcoa.  Alcoa was impressive as they should rule 3A this year.  Pendergrass did well defending their big receiver, Kellog.  Again, we moved the ball well against them.

Bearden.  They had the best passing attack of all our opponents.  They moved the ball well and there QB did a good job of locating the open man.  Fortunately for us, their defense was not as good, so we were able to move the ball.  

At the end of the morning, we played Webb.  It was not a strong effort on our part at the beginning.  Towards the end of the scrimmage we tightened up.  Webb looked better than last year.

3 minutes ago, bounder said:

Just read the daily wipe called the Knoxville News-Sentinal and discovered they didn't cover the 7 on 7 at Maryville at all. Another reason to cancel my subscription. Seems they don't do much for high school sports anymore.

I saw one of their reporters talking to Coach Hunt and other coaches. I guess it didn't merit a story in the paper.