OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

7 hours ago, atrisk said:

D-B and Farragut were both real strong with their front 7 last year, but we managed wins. I made mention that I thought the line came off the ball better in the WB scrimmage in the spring than all of last year. This doesn't mean they will be a better unit, they just moved better at the snap count. OF course imo.

I think that we have a real opportunity to be better on the line of scrimmage.  We have experience and better numbers.  The big if will be if we can avoid the injury bug.  This Friday will tell me a lot about how things will play out. 

There has been some, not a lot, of talk on Tweeter between OR  players about people saying the team will go 5 - 5.  They are not getting upset about it just using it for motivation. If I had to describe the mood of these players, I would say it is a quiet confidence. I am liking how they are saying they wish practice would get here. No big heads or trash talkers just young men on a mission.

As always, this is just my opinion.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

15 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

There has been some, not a lot, of talk on Tweeter between OR  players about people saying the team will go 5 - 5.  They are not getting upset about it just using it for motivation. If I had to describe the mood of these players, I would say it is a quiet confidence. I am liking how they are saying they wish practice would get here. No big heads or trash talkers just young men on a mission.

As always, this is just my opinion.

5-5 seems like a reasonable prediction for this years wildcat team. 

1 hour ago, catswild said:

The five teams that COULD beat us are HVA, DB, Farragut, West, and Fulton. CC is probably capable too but I don't see it. And I don't believe for a minute that all five of those teams WILL beat us.

I bet you also were one of the people that believed we make it past the first round last year.  Our defensive line is a joke. 

Funniest thing about some OR fans is every year they say they will under achieve. You remember what a lot of you said their record would be last year? the year before that? the year before that (I think you went undefeated in regular season.  The last 2 years you beat the teams that were in the State Championship with one of them winning it.  Pessimism is understandable but I think you should be a little more optimistic. If your reason for having the pessimism is lack of talent then give the staff credit for over achieving. I was at the Webb game and from the beginning just didn't seem like they were excited to play. I stood on OR sideline before the game and the coaching staff had to call the players up because they were so flat during pre-game.  I heard staff keep saying get last year out your head.  Still had chance to win both games you lost.  Even in the first round, I hear it went to the last play.  

Edited by GIJoe