OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Oak Ridge does have some really sick fans who seem to enjoy to see us lose. Not exactly my definition of a true fan but people have the right to hate who they say they support.

But all and all, we also have some of the best fans around who will praise OR when warranted and disagree when they see fit.

I'm more of a cardinal color glasses fan because I don't really know enough about what is going on to be critical of OR. That is why, I usually end all my posts with...RWR! 

39 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Just wondering, which Tennessee county would be able to form the best team from players that live in it?

Blount...my pick

Davidson,?

Shelby?

Williamson?

Hamilton? Not likely

Anderson? Maybe once in a blue moon.

Shouldn't this be it's own thread?

Btw, it's Shelby, Williamson and Rutherford in that order.

I just read on the Oakridger.com website that Oak Ridge Hall of Fame nominations are being asked for.

I have three names from the Class of 1982 that I think deserve heavy consideration

Tim Pettis, (name maybe misspelled). I first encountered Kim while playing football for Cedar Hill versus his Woodland team in Third Grade. He ran all over us and did so against all the school teams. He did it again in the all-star game at the end of the season and repeated the same dominance the next year.

I met and got to know Kim in Ninth Grade at Jefferson. He was a very friendly kid with a warm smile on his face. A true role model. He dominated the teams JJHS played from his RB position. We played together on the Eagle basketball team and a better teammate you could not ask for. He always played with a smile on his face but never lacked the eye of the tiger.

At ORHS, Kim played basketball for three years and was an integral part of the basketball team's success. In football, he was a State Champion in 1979 and 1980 at the RB position. He attended University of Richmond.

Several of Kim's family members have also started at ORHS.

The next player is Roy Kirk. He also dominated as a youth sports player and developed in too a hard nosed role player. He was the fullback to Kim's running back. Roy was a tenacious rebounder in basketball. Tough is the word to describe Roy.

Finally, the class of 1982 had a legacy player on the football team. Bart Brinkman was a smart nasty hard nosed lineman. His athletic ability earned him a football scholarship to Richmond.