OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

I hope Oak Ridge is a top team this year but just being honest.Every time I ask someone close to program its mostly bad.In the past our D was good enuff that we didnt need a great offense.Last yr was one of the worst Oak R defenses I can remember.We lost our top players off that D so why would anyone expect it to be better.The good news is that everyone says they are working hard and anything can happen.Plus it is Oak Ridge and we are not use to 5-5 seasons so maybe they figure it out.Maybe a few guys play bigger than expected and the team gels together.RWR

Seems O.R. gets high ratings every year in this publication.  Weren't we up near the top last year? This year's team is up in the air right now. Hopefully we will be competitive and maybe a suprise team and record. Maybe with another year under their belts the returning back field wii avoid bumping into one other so much. Positive note. I thought the O. line ce off the ball better in the William Blount scrimmage than all of the  2016 season.

Finally, Caleb Martin # 4 has decided where to attend college next season...BOOM, Fire the Cannon, he is off to Eastern Kentucky University. I was really wanting UTC to get him but I am happy for him.

I am looking for big things for # 4 this season. I believe he is ready to step out of Tee's shadow and take advantage of a years growth from Johnny Stewart.

Guys you may think I am crazy but I am really starting to get a good feeling about 2017. I recently read some quotes from our K / P Carson McGhee and he says the team is working hard toward a State Title. Based on his progress last season, I look for him to be offered a rare kicking / punting scholarship.

RWR

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

?????? Didn't we loose a kicker for the season due to a scoccer injury?

We may have but the kicker we used last season appears to be getting ready for this season based on a couple of twitter tweets. Maybe we lost a punter.

...this is why we need more Oak Ridge people posting. I live in Chattanooga so my information is not always accurate. I just keep telling myself to be patient, the regular posters will be on here soon.

Your first four games will tell a lot.  My opinion Oak Ridge offense was pretty good the first four games last year.  Remember they were the top scoring team in Tennessee (according to News Sentinel) until the game they lost to McMinn Co. Matter of fact I think they lost the next week after that was out. Depth is the key.  Their second tier kids have to play big.  I hear you guys got a transfer QB from the Midwest. Seen Higgins and Graham on TV Tuesday evening at the Under Armour game. HIggins is expected to do big things.  From what I seen, couldn't happen to a better kid.  My favorite Tee Higgins highlight was the last second shot versus Fulton. Second to that is the between legs dunk (seen online) against Clinton. The dunk in the quarterfinal at the state tourney this year rounds it out.   I only seen the catch versus Ooltewah still picture but heard it was amazing.  You guys have had some special players in the past.  All of them seem to be good guys.

Edited by GIJoe

37 minutes ago, catswild said:

Are you sure it starts Monday? I haven't heard a word about practice starting that early. When is the Maryville 7 on 7?

The 7on7 at Maryville College is Saturday. I have the schedule but idk how to post it on here lol Sorry CW OR is in the morning session. It starts at 9 am. 

Edited by rebelwoman87
Adding time