OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

4 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

I'll bite, DB and Farragut are our preferred non-conference opponents and non-negotiable.  That leaves 2 open slots.  I can't imagine any better opponents than HV or Sevier.  Bearden would be just as tough.  You really don't want Region 4 opponents since you have to turn around and play them again in the playoffs.  Maybe Region 2, but you run into the Knox having to schedule Knox thing.  Scheduling is not an easy thing for most teams.  

My problem with the schedule is that we play so many tough teams so early. With this team, that's not smart at all...NOT AT ALL !!

4 hours ago, atrisk said:

Catswild, do you know the names of #7 & #13. I would like to know the kids names as well as #s.  May have to wait for official program. 

Since this are just "kids", I always prefer to use numbers rather than names, but I sometimes slip and use a name, especially when paying a compliment.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

I may be wrong, but I thought the tssaa(or some other authority) determined the region and the week and order in which each region team played one another. If this is the case then the coach/AD to manage the open dates. This is the way I understood it worked.

That may be true but HVA, DB, and Farragut aren't district games. Not wise Gaddis...NOT WISE

6 hours ago, atrisk said:

I may be wrong, but I thought the tssaa(or some other authority) determined the region and the week and order in which each region team played one another. If this is the case then the coach/AD to manage the open dates. This is the way I understood it worked.

Yes, they determine the region, but that is it.  Region coach and ADs get together to hammer out the region schedules. From that, you get the open dates and go from there.

HVA looked more athletic than I thought they would be.  Still big concerns upfront and overall depth. In regards to scheduling, the regions have set dates for region games by the weeks. i.e. week 3,5,7,8,9, and 10. It is up to the coaches to find non conference games that would fix those open weeks.  Teams like Oak Ridge have definite Rivalries that they would like to fit on their schedules. "MOST coaches"  would like to play the rivalry games (gate$$$$) early because the records won't affect the attendance ($$$). Also MOST coaches would rather play tougher games early and build from them than to get a false narrative and find out late that they are not ready for tough competition in the playoffs. Finally and probably the most reasonable, coaches have to play games that FIT the other schools openings because not every region has the same region game weeks.  So to say it is stupid or not smart may be a little oversight but your opinion. I am thankful Gaddis brought back what should be a yearly game with HVA. Just for location alone, we may be the closest school to OR. Very similar in academics also. Lastly when you're a program with a history of greatness like Oak Ridge "to me" (my opinion) it would seem rather weak to look for cupcake schedules. But fans like it because they can brag for 6-8 weeks then blame the coaches that they played to weak of a schedule.  Glad I don't coach.