Christian Brothers Duals

WrestlingGod

Wendigolegion, I honestly don't think people in the midstate area care who comes out of REG1. People all over the state know which two teams it will be, it's just a matter of who finishes 1st and who finishes in 2nd. That being said, SH wrestled well last night and deserved the victory. As far as the wagon goes, there may be a little more room today than it was yesterday which means I'll be able to reserve you a front row seat now if you'd like. Be sure to let me know soon.

Wendigolegion, I honestly don't think people in the midstate area care who comes out of REG1. People all over the state know which two teams it will be, it's just a matter of who finishes 1st and who finishes in 2nd. That being said, SH wrestled well last night and deserved the victory. As far as the wagon goes, there may be a little more room today than it was yesterday which means I'll be able to reserve you a front row seat now if you'd like. Be sure to let me know soon.

Kitty - I think just the opposite.  My Vikings might have lost this one but I think they created a ton of new wrestling fans last night in Bristol.  That place was electric!  No matter which team you were cheering for it was a great experience!

93Vike, I wasn't there to join The atmosphere bc I was at another event. The Vikings may have created some new fans last night in Bristol but I think they were probably fellow Vikings in the makin'. I doubt the Vikings converted any 'Toppers to come get on the wagon. About the midstate, my point was that everyone from SH to CBHS knows which two teams are coming out of REG1. I will tell you that last yrs Vikings team did create "a lot" of fans at the WillCoAgCntr with their impressive showing with only 11 wrestlers.

93Vike, I wasn't there to join The atmosphere bc I was at another event. The Vikings may have created some new fans last night in Bristol but I think they were probably fellow Vikings in the makin'. I doubt the Vikings converted any 'Toppers to come get on the wagon. About the midstate, my point was that everyone from SH to CBHS knows which two teams are coming out of REG1. I will tell you that last yrs Vikings team did create "a lot" of fans at the WillCoAgCntr with their impressive showing with only 11 wrestlers.

I agree

Ok back to the original discussion, the tournament on Saturday. Trackwrestling shows a different set of pools now. Here's the updated pool situation

Pool A

Christian Brothers

Summit

Cordova

Pulaski Academy, AR

Pool B

Arlington

Blackman

Pigeon Forge

Clarksville

Pool C

Science Hill

Bartlett

Catholic, AR

Lawrence Co

Any predictions now?

Ok back to the original discussion, the tournament on Saturday. Trackwrestling shows a different set of pools now. Here's the updated pool situation

Pool A

Christian Brothers

Summit

Cordova

Pulaski Academy, AR

Pool B

Arlington

Blackman

Pigeon Forge

Clarksville

Pool C

Science Hill

Bartlett

Catholic, AR

Lawrence Co

Any predictions now?

Should be a good day of wrestling.  I would imagine the placement pools show some pretty good matches along with the pools shown.

Ranked wrestlers in each pool.

If Hamm has mentioned the person in recent results I will list them as HM

Pool A

106-

2. Gehrig Salvaggio (CBHS)

HM Zach Thomas (Summit)

113-

4. Brady Woodward (Summit)

132-

3. Robert Griggs (CBHS)

6. Jordan Taylor (Cordova)

138-

3. Connor Rasberry (CBHS)

145-

1. Trevor Brown (CBHS)

170-

1. Tommy Brackett (CBHS)

4. Sawyer Knott (Summit)

Pool B

106-

4. Christian Isbell (Clarksville)

113-

6. Michael Cannon (Arlington)

120-

2. Caleb York (Pigeon Forge)

132-

1. Gavin Hutchins (Pigeon Forge)

138-

1. Dymond Smith (Pigeon Forge)

152-

3. Landon Fowler (Blackman)

160-

1. Matthew Sells (Blackman)

170-

3. Ethan Olinger (Pigeon Forge)

182-

6. Bradley Williams (Clarksville)

195-

1. Anthony Baiamonte (Pigeon Forge)

Hwt.-

5. Johnathon Metcalf (Arlington)

Pool C

120-

6. Luke Dezember (Lawrence Co)

138-

2. Luke Story (Science Hill)

152-

5. Arthur James (Science Hill)

160-

5. William Diehl (Science Hill)

195-

1. Dawson Johnson (Bartlett)

Ranked wrestlers in each pool.

If Hamm has mentioned the person in recent results I will list them as HM

Pool A

106-

2. Gehrig Salvaggio (CBHS)

HM Zach Thomas (Summit)

113-

4. Brady Woodward (Summit)

132-

3. Robert Griggs (CBHS)

6. Jordan Taylor (Cordova)

138-

3. Connor Rasberry (CBHS)

145-

1. Trevor Brown (CBHS)

170-

1. Tommy Brackett (CBHS)

4. Sawyer Knott (Summit)

I think you can throw any DII ranking out the window that Hamm has posted right now.  Unabashedly wrong from kids not wrestling to weightclasses just off.  I love Hamm but I don't think he has touched those since pre-season... too far off to predict any match-ups.  I wish I had time to do them but I just can't do them to the level I would want in order to post them for the state.

• Upvote 2

I'm curious how they will run the pools.  Top 3 to Championship pool?  I hope not because I believe Summit is a great match up for Arlington and Science Hill.  I'd hate to see them not make the Championship pool because they won't get past The Bros. 

My goodness, I think I might have just sounded like some of those guys from Chatt talking about Soddy being top 3 even though they're not going to make it.  Ok, ok.  Sorry Summit but you are not top 3 in this tournament. 

I'm curious how they will run the pools.  Top 3 to Championship pool?  I hope not because I believe Summit is a great match up for Arlington and Science Hill.  I'd hate to see them not make the Championship pool because they won't get past The Bros. 

My goodness, I think I might have just sounded like some of those guys from Chatt talking about Soddy being top 3 even though they're not going to make it.  Ok, ok.  Sorry Summit but you are not top 3 in this tournament. 

Yes top team from each pool goes to the championship pool, 2nd place in each pool goes to 4th place pool, etc.

Would have loved to have a bigger championship pool with all the "major" teams in a bracket, pool, etc. but tough to do that with 5 match rule and not having a long, tournament.

Don't count Summit out yet... I am sure CBHS likely isn't.  Agreed that they probably would be good match with Arlington and Science Hill... that was part of the challenge of developing pools.  How do you get good match-ups, avoid certain teams seeing each other that have wrestled too much this year, etc.

Should still see some decent match-ups in the initial pool rounds.

I believe this is a little premature. Arlington has to beat Blackman first. Although I think they will take that dual, I would bet that Coach Simpson isn't overlooking them.

Well since nobody else is ill start off the actual predictions or whatever you want to call it

Pool Winners

Summit (A)

Arlington (B )

Science Hill (C )

Runners Up

Christian Brothers (A)

Blackman (B )

Bartlett (C )

Third

Pulaski Academy (A)

Pigeon Forge (B )

Catholic (C )

Fourth

Cordova (A)

Clarksville (B )

Lawrence Co (C )

As far as the finals ill just leave my predictions at this. Don't want to get in trouble. But lets shake things up a bit!

Edited by WrestlingGod