Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

Riverdale is the real deal. They took care of business with my OR Lady Wildcats last year but our girls can play a little bball too. We lost 1 senior off of last years team that finished ahead of everybody BUT Riverdale. Talk is cheap, the games start this week and my money goes on a rematch from last years championship game.

Or tssaa shoukd quit making middle tn play region 3 in sectionals and have region finals winners host one of the losers from another region. A blind draw just like they do with state. That woukd give west tn teams a chance to play east to get to state too and dadof23 your rhynes dad?? Too bad cretton is at wv now and will never get to go back to state unless he decides to be an assisstant to reuter or wv gets hreat players like bradley. District 5 boys have always been good and usually always send at least 1 team to state not so much girls recently except bradley...

Why don't they just give Bradley Central a bye to the State Championship Game?

On a slightly different slant, who do you see as the weakest teams? I don't know enough about Houston or Memphis Central to comment on them, but to me Dickson County and Clarksville  has little chance to get pass the first round unless they were to draw each other. I'm mildly surprised that the Cougars made it pass the Sectional round without Lea Lea Carter. Rossview did Clarksville and Dickson County a huge favour by knocking off Wilson Central in the Region 5 tournament.

Looks like after watching the tssaa draw is the only way Riverdale and Stewart's Creek will meet is if they both make the championship game. They are on opposite sides. Riverdale gets Mo West first in a deja vu of last year, and Stewart's Creek gets Dickson Co. Oak Ridge plays Memphis Central and Clarksville plays Houston in the opening round!

Looks like after watching the tssaa draw is the only way Riverdale and Stewart's Creek will meet is if they both make the championship game. They are on opposite sides. Riverdale gets Mo West first in a deja vu ko of last year, and Stewart's Creek gets Dickson Co. Oak Ridge plays Memphis Central and Clarksville plays Houston in the opening round!

I think the Memphis Central vs Oak Ridge game might be the best to watch first round.

Our area is declining fast in girls bball. It happens. You put Howard back at EH and they win that district. And Bradley would of been about 500. Even with her we could take our top 5 girls two from Bradley in Howard and Hughes and Riverdale still beats us by 20. I think Volleyball soccer and academics have pulled players away from the sport. And the coaching isn't improving. Game changes you have to change with it. Or stop playing.

I think Bradley would have done better than .500 if Howard had stayed at EH, mainly because Bradley's District isn't that strong due to talent and/or inferior coaching.  Cleveland has one of the best coaches in the District (maybe the best), and he has some talent coming.

​I agree that Bradley's best 5 playing well is still no match for Riverdale. Any way you slice it, Riverdale is just that much better.

Cleveland went from very strong to low on the totem pole very quickly, but I think they're on the right track. Walker Valley has had good teams but seems like they're just never quite a state type contender. I remember McMinn County had a good team a few years back but wasn't a lot of it because of a move in from Sweetwater? They will probably always have it tough with McMinn Central nearby. Ooltewah and Soddy clearly aren't going to be there but EH can if they don't lose anymore.

Cleveland is on the right track.  They probably have the best coach in the District, and he has talent coming.

​I don't recall a transfer from Sweetwater coming to McMinn. The best talent in McMinn County has usually ended up at McMinn Central, but some of the better players have stayed at McMinn County High the last couple of years.  The Lady Cherokees were preseason picked for 2nd or 3rd this year, but ended up about 4th I think. They have most of their starters and some good backups returning next season.... plenty enough talent to contend for the District Championship.

If Howard had stayed at East Hamilton, Carter would not have found her way to Bradley. Not sure if Cleveland has the best coach in the district but he did wonders in turning East Hamilton around and Cleveland was definitely much improved. Every coach needs talent. Some coaches develop the players they have, others just go get the players they need.

Looks like after watching the tssaa draw is the only way Riverdale and Stewart's Creek will meet is if they both make the championship game. They are on opposite sides. Riverdale gets Mo West first in a deja vu of last year, and Stewart's Creek gets Dickson Co. Oak Ridge plays Memphis Central and Clarksville plays Houston in the opening round!

Teams from the same region are automatically played on opposite sides of the bracket.