Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

I am a fan of middle Tennessee basketball. Not only do u have district 7AAA , you have Wilson Centrall, Mt Juliet, Shelbyville, Upperman, Jackson County, and the list goes on and on! When my daughter played at Bradley, they opened the year at Riverdale then came back over for a weekend doubleheader with Mt Juliet and Lebanon then went back to Giles County for a Saturday game. She played AAU in Shelbyville for five years. I value the quality of bal in middle Tennessee. However, ten years ago, our district was competitive. Cleveland, Bradley, McMinn, Cumberland and Walker Valley were all in the same district and could beat each other on any given night! Now the only two of those that can play at all is Cumberland and BC and they are not in the same district anymore! This area is so weak that I can't even go watch it anymore! It is embarrassing that we have dropped so low and it hurts Bradley to play that game in and game out. I wish they could and would schedule the Riverdales and the Oaklands during the season. They may not go undefeated but they would have been ready for that close game tonight. My daughter was asst coach at Oakland for a couple of years and my son dated an Oakland player for three years, so yep, I am a Bradley fan first and foremost but a definite fan of women's basketball in your area.

You must be Jackie's Mother.

​By the way, I agree 100% with your assessment of District 5AAA - other than Bradley, it's weak.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Bradley has a deep bench and nit every opponent outside if their district was weak.they beat morristown west and oak ridge this year by allot. Without cumberland on the schedule next 4 years i really hope they do a home and home with riverdale and stewarts creek. I agree thst the and and 3rd best players are gone now. Stewarts creek played great defense and we did the right thing by making them foul us we just couldnt convert the free throws or Bradley could be in state. But the 2 best teams in state imo are riverdale and sc. But any one can win the gold ball. I expect bradley to be hosting same game next year maybe against somebody else though like oakland or shelbyville. How many players does riverdale and stewarts creek have coming back? I think Bradley only has howard returning as senior but that carter girl is great off the bench. She can crete plays and keep opponents guessing. She needs to improve on defense though. The hannah lobard girl is not bad for sophomore either but she is too slow right now. Last year was the better bearettes team despite having 3 loses. The had 3 seniors then also and howard didnt start.

You want to know how many players return next year for Riverdale??? Everyone in the starting 5 and the entire top 10 in rotation is back with the exception of Anastasia Hayes. Basically the whole team is back.  Riverdale loses only two seniors.

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/cold-shooting-halts-bearette-season,53739

Losing by only 6 to a team this great says just how great bradley is. Still managed 49 points despite horrible shooting. Defense kept us in it. I didnt know sc coach won state 2 year ago. That team is more loaded than i thought. Props to them. Even more of reason to believe they are allot better than record indicates. Also more reason to believe Bradley is allot better than people thought. Id love for a home and home with them next year. Maybe more girls besides just howard can score next time. Neither team shot real well so we missed an opportunity to make it a blowout

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/cold-shooting-halts-bearette-season,53739

Losing by only 6 to a team this great says just how great bradley is. Still managed 49 points despite horrible shooting. Defense kept us in it. I didnt know sc coach won state 2 year ago. That team is more loaded than i thought. Props to them. Even more of reason to believe they are allot better than record indicates. Also more reason to believe Bradley is allot better than people thought. Id love for a home and home with them next year. Maybe more girls besides just howard can score next time. Neither team shot real well so we missed an opportunity to make it a blowout

You're grasping at straws now that Bradley Central has lost. You're just one post away from predicting / hoping that Stewarts Creek wins the championship so you can then "brag" about how the Bearettes undefeated season was stopped shorts by the state champion.

You must be Jackie's Mother.

​By the way, I agree 100% with your assessment of District 5AAA - other than Bradley, it's weak.

Our area is declining fast in girls bball. It happens. You put Howard back at EH and they win that district. And Bradley would of been about 500. Even with her we could take our top 5 girls two from Bradley in Howard and Hughes and Riverdale still beats us by 20. I think Volleyball soccer and academics have pulled players away from the sport. And the coaching isn't improving. Game changes you have to change with it. Or stop playing.

Cleveland went from very strong to low on the totem pole very quickly, but I think they're on the right track. Walker Valley has had good teams but seems like they're just never quite a state type contender. I remember McMinn County had a good team a few years back but wasn't a lot of it because of a move in from Sweetwater? They will probably always have it tough with McMinn Central nearby. Ooltewah and Soddy clearly aren't going to be there but EH can if they don't lose anymore.