State Finals Picks and analysis- AAA

Bump11

They were there this past year. Their only losses in the tourney were to Soddy, which has been previously discussed in this thread, and McCallie. The Soddy match was a lot closer than the McCallie match. The Whitworth kid almost teched Cannon wrestling up a weight. That's when I knew he was for real.

Yes sir. Knew they was. Just hoping they're coming back. One of my fav duals. Just stacked with great teams.

Horst missed practice Monday and Tuesday due to 102 fever and strep. He was having trouble breathing. Straight after his OT match was taking to urgent care and had a breathing treatment and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. He was cleared by the physician to wresle but said he would be too weak to compete. Horst pushed through even though he was extremely weak, tired and mentally exhausted from being so sick all week. . So two antibiotics later breathing treatment, Inhaler and other meds... he still won. I'm sure if he was wasn't sick the finals match would not have been so close. Even being sick, he ended up pinning everyone except in the finals. Pretty amazing he could push his mind and body to the limits and still come out on top as a freshman.

Horst missed practice Monday and Tuesday due to 102 fever and strep. He was having trouble breathing. Straight after his OT match was taking to urgent care and had a breathing treatment and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. He was cleared by the physician to wresle but said he would be too weak to compete. Horst pushed through even though he was extremely weak, tired and mentally exhausted from being so sick all week. . So two antibiotics later breathing treatment, Inhaler and other meds... he still won. I'm sure if he was wasn't sick the finals match would not have been so close. Even being sick, he ended up pinning everyone except in the finals. Pretty amazing he could push his mind and body to the limits and still come out on top as a freshman.

wow. Thats incredible heart. Watching the match with Thomas you could tell something was off. Had his hands above his head alot and pointed to his chest and throat area alot. Idk if id say he would've blown out Nelson had he not been sick, still wouldve been close i think..but for a kid to go through all of that and keep fighting and win a state title...thats an amazing show of heart and the will to succeed. Hats off to Mr. Horst, all the respect in the world

Now that's a story of perseverance! That's impressive!... There probably wasn't a team in that gym who didn't have a kid or two sick that week. I know we had a couple who it hit hard. Some kids let it get the best of them. The true champions were able to preservere and make it happen despite the setbacks. That goes right along with the famous Dan Gable quote about life.... I doubt you'll catch Noah calling out of work or missing class because he's a little sick when he's older.

Yes sir. Knew they was. Just hoping they're coming back. One of my fav duals. Just stacked with great teams.

Looking back at it now: 3 of the top 4 dual teams in both divisions were in that gym that day! That's a tough tournament!

In fact, 4 of the top 6 in AAA when you throw Arlington in there! Not to mention the talent from out of state.

Yes, if I knew before finals I probably would have chosen him to win that match, but I didn't, and yes OW track has all kinds of wrestling stats in it, but it also doesn't always have what kind of competition you wrestle throughout the year unless you actually wrestle good teams and wrestlers. I saw some kids going into the tourney with 40 plus wins and 3-4 losses all year, they ended up not even winning a match in the tourney, so records don't always mean much.

And again yes Cleveland duals were and have been a really GREAT dual tournament, have had state champs from Florida, GA and I think even South Carolina there plus those from TN. Of course you know how tough that tournament is because a terrible Soddy team took it to Arlington during that one, but of course I am sure you try to forget that and instead keep up with individual tourneys, or make excuses such as injuries and weights not being set. Of course overlooking Soddy had the same thing happen with injuries and weights not set. But again OW I bow to your knowledge of wrestling and submit to you and your all knowing self and I apologize that might picks for finals were not better, I mean seriously how could I be so wrong?