Class A Sectionals

Shozen

Goodpature had much better talent than Hamlton. That PG was the best PG we played that year. That other guard was good also.They slso had big that could play.With all respect ohtside of Vallentine Hampton had nobody that really scared me.I did not say they were better but they played harder.

That year mine was a sophomore.

The following year he was a Jr and Valentine a Sr...we drew UC 1st game and took it to the wire...We also had a couple other shooters.

Last season we didn't have as strong a presence in the post as we do now and the foul calls killed us early against MM.

We just play a different style and pressure that gives "most" teams some trouble.

Play hard, have fun & be disciplined and see what happens...

Edited by uknoit2

Harriman has no shot to beat Clay period. Now if Clay has an off day then yes the private school has a chance.

I know what I said and yes both teams are more complete than Clay County in my opinion. That takes nothing away from Key as he's magnificent, but top to bottom Grace and Harriman are both stronger. If you think Grace could tag Clay then you most certainly can put Harriman in that conversation. Grace folks can tell you as well that both our teams have played neck and neck each time and both teams are very good! We'll take the sleeper role though! Nothing better than spanking teams who are looking ahead.

I know what I said and yes both teams are more complete than Clay County in my opinion. That takes nothing away from Key as he's magnificent, but top to bottom Grace and Harriman are both stronger. If you think Grace could tag Clay then you most certainly can put Harriman in that conversation. Grace folks can tell you as well that both our teams have played neck and neck each time and both teams are very good! We'll take the sleeper role though! Nothing better than spanking teams who are looking ahead.

Not sure how you consider those teams more complete but please share?

Edited by Shozen

Clay is very good don't get me wrong but they lack size. I think both harriman and Grace length and athleticism can effect Clay's shooters if matched up against each other. I saw a comment that mentioned how Clay was almost unstoppable if all three of their shooters were on and I have to argue the point that we could make the case for both Grace and Harriman. Unlike Clay having the big star, Harriman has a spread out attack of 4 studs and each can go off at any moment!! Grace is similar and I'm sure 12thman can be more specific about his team's strengths. I just feel from seeing each of these teams that Grace and Harriman are more complete and definitely capable of beating Clay. That's not to take anything away from them, but just deflecting the errant comment about Harriman not having a chance at beating Clay.

Having seen Grace play, they are tall and long, the PG is every bit of 6'3. You can't key on one player, they have 5 guys who can score 20 plus on any given night. Offensively they can beat you inside or outside. IMO the toughest matchup is Ledford he can handle the ball, shoot, or post up and he plays like every possession is his last. Defensively their length can create problems and they are more athletic then people realize. I don't know anything about Clay County or Harriman and I don't know anything about their players so I won't comment on winning on losing. But for a single A team Grace has all the components to compete (like everyone else at this stage). Good luck to all tomorrow and safe travels.