Class A Sectionals

Shozen

One thing Hampton has going for them is lots of seniors. 5 different kids who could put up 20 on any given night. I sure wouldn,t predict a Hampton win,but stranger things have happened.

Grace is the same with weapons. 5 or 6 kids that could go off on any night. Pure talent, the edge has to be with Grace. But 2 of their ball handlers are still just sophomores and that could be an issue playing a bunch of seniors. I don't know if Ned runs the full court press much now, but I wasn't impressed at times with how Grace handled Wartburg's press in the region semis.

Edited by KnoxMoJo

Maybe we will see a Hampton vs Clay rematch in the glass house. That huge shot and OT thriller was fun to watch last year.

Even though this year Key is a whole different animal and Hampton probably aren't quite as good as they were last year.

Yes it was!

If our center was playing last season like he is this one, OH MAN!

I'm not sure this unit wouldn't give Clay all they wanted this season too...Ur center last season was a MAN!

We have not performed well the last 3 years of playing at the boro...If we can get there again, maybe this bunch has the stuff

GCA may have been by beaten by Harriman,but good coaching alone won't beat them.Harriman doesn't have a great coach just some OUTSTANDING athletes.Hampton does have a great coach but better have some great ball players to go with it.I say GCA wins by double figures but I'm not going with the 20 point win unless the Dogs just give in and I don't expect that either.I have watched three games this season and this Grace team is more than impressive.

OnB, we may or may not have the guard play of last year but this unit can turn it on when they want.

I expect a good ballgame

Grace is the same with weapons. 5 or 6 kids that could go off on any night. Pure talent, the edge has to be with Grace. But 2 of their ball handlers are still just sophomores and that could be an issue playing a bunch of seniors. I don't know if Ned runs the full court press much now, but I wasn't impressed at times with how Grace handled Wartburg's press in the region semis.

Our press is one that we were told Clay Co, UC and others would destroy...It doesn't happen!

This press has so many different looks...will be fun to see what Ned does with it against GCA

But then again, Grace may wear us out

All this talk about yall up there in East Tennessee, Im just sitting here wondering how Columbia Academy and Loretto stack up? Remember, this Loretto team as 7th and 8th graders were quite legit--won middle school championship with unbeaten record. Most of them played up in Murphy Center 2 years ago and gave UC all they could handle. They arent without drama though--coach was relieved of his duties midseason, still havent named a permanent successor, they have a tendancy to get wild--led District 12A in T's for the season. Give us your thoughts.

All this talk about yall up there in East Tennessee, Im just sitting here wondering how Columbia Academy and Loretto stack up? Remember, this Loretto team as 7th and 8th graders were quite legit--won middle school championship with unbeaten record. Most of them played up in Murphy Center 2 years ago and gave UC all they could handle. They arent without drama though--coach was relieved of his duties midseason, still havent named a permanent successor, they have a tendancy to get wild--led District 12A in T's for the season. Give us your thoughts.

As usual,the power in small schools is in the West. I highly doubt this year is any different. That don,t mean that anyone should just throw in the towel,just play you,re heart out and see what happens.  Its pretty dang hard to be the best at anything,just be you,re best and you have accomplished something that very few ever do.

As usual,the power in small schools is in the West. I highly doubt this year is any different. That don,t mean that anyone should just throw in the towel,just play you,re heart out and see what happens. Its pretty dang hard to be the best at anything,just be you,re best and you have accomplished something that very few ever do.

Agreed, however I feel this year is Clay Co's best shot to win it all. They have beat a good substate team in AA Macon County twice and a very good Goodpasture team who trounced MTCA and Columbia Academy. Also beat 3 other A substate teams in CSAS by 17/24, Van Buren by 24/28, and Pickett County 4 times.

Now does this translate to knocking off 3 time defending champ Mitchell or a good Humboldt team then no one knows but I think Key is a whole different player this year averaging 39-40 ppg.

Edited by Shozen

Yea, I concur with Pujo's post.

It's a different world from the West to Hampton!

Vandy, We played with a very good Clay last year, played honorable against the likes of Mitchell and UC (should have best UC!) the past 3 years.

You play and you play hard and let the chips fall where they may

I've watched....On and off.

ex. Arnold gets the ball like he should've, they likely send Harriman packing.

Best 1A teams this side of Nashville should make Mondays game just a formality then huh?

Hope all travel well

Hey nothing wrong with seeing things differently. There's one thing I think we both can agree on though.. Hampton is one of hardest places to get a win at period!! There's been some very good teams come up and have their season come to a halt up on Roan Mountain!! I do think home court will have an impact in some way for Hampton on Monday night but in the end I just think Grace's size and ability to shoot the long ball will be too much for the Dawgs!! Good luck to both!!!

Nothing wrong with it at all.

I say Hampton has both hands full....GCA may have more to contend with than they expect tho

Having seen Grace play twice, they're talented. Ledford just to be a sophomore is extremely savvy and is a baller. I know how good Hampton is and their tradition (from my University School days in the 90's) and this will be a great game. Due to Grace's tough schedule, they won't be intimated and I believe they win a very close game on Monday. Edited by QSouth89