Class A Sectionals

Shozen

Hey truth, I met ole MoJo at a FB game here...Good feller...

Hard to believe he wears a sweater vest now :P

He was a freshman when I was a senior. Still trying to figure out who he is? I can't believe he would turn into a sweater vest either  :P

Edited by dogtruth

Ah! The good ole days LOL

Oh don't remind me of 2008! Best season GB boys had but came up short in Substate up on ETSU campus. Played University School or something like that. Came in 2nd to GCA in district and just short of an upset vs GCA in Region championships up at Wartburg. OnBs boy played then and my Uncle Ed McCollum was back at the boys helm in those years. My oldest was 10 then and this was the season his love of basketball deepened and his detest for GCA really took root! I don't mean to bash any kids but they are grown now so I'll just say it....there were two players on that GCA team that really made you dig deep for strength to keep from sinning and sinning bad! One of those said players with the carrot top gave our basketball coach the middle finger during the next school year's football game at GCA. We were standing on the sidelines and Coach was yelling and he was the wideout on that side and just looked over at him and let it fly! Sad how a few bad apples can tarnish the image of the whole but it happens. I am looking forward though to rekindling that football rivalry again in 2017.

He was a freshman when I was a senior. Still trying to figure out who he is? I can't believe he would turn into a sweater vest either :P

Well, I was practically raised in the 1st Baptist Church in downtown Hampton. 😀 It's been a slow process to pull for anybody but the Dogs, but this group at Grace are good ones. The 2 starting seniors are really good kids. I've told 12thman this before, but as much as I like Arnold's game, I like the way he carries himself and leads by example on the sportsmanship side more. All this being said, I still don't know who to take in this game. At any other site, I'd give advantage to GCA, but Hampton may pull this one out at home.

Well, I was practically raised in the 1st Baptist Church in downtown Hampton. 😀 It's been a slow process to pull for anybody but the Dogs, but this group at Grace are good ones. The 2 starting seniors are really good kids. I've told 12thman this before, but as much as I like Arnold's game, I like the way he carries himself and leads by example on the sportsmanship side more. All this being said, I still don't know who to take in this game. At any other site, I'd give advantage to GCA, but Hampton may pull this one out at home.

Strong you have grown, do not embrace the dark side or doubt its pull on you still, trust your heart and do whats right - YODA

Since I don't have a kid playing this season (on varsity), I have kept pretty quiet.

But, if Hampton wins against Cosby tonight, GCA ain't coming to Hampton and winning by 20+.

Harriman and GCA are an on and off team and Hampton can be put in that mold also...But coaching is the big difference and Hampton has the advantage....Not to mention atmosphere if played at Hampton.

I'd have to strongly disagree with you here. Harriman and GCA have been very consistent this year and are widely regarded as the top two teams in 1a this side of Nashville. On and off would be the last thing I'd classify either team as. Both teams are consistent and can flat out play!

Oh don't remind me of 2008! Best season GB boys had but came up short in Substate up on ETSU campus. Played University School or something like that. Came in 2nd to GCA in district and just short of an upset vs GCA in Region championships up at Wartburg. OnBs boy played then and my Uncle Ed McCollum was back at the boys helm in those years. My oldest was 10 then and this was the season his love of basketball deepened and his detest for GCA really took root! I don't mean to bash any kids but they are grown now so I'll just say it....there were two players on that GCA team that really made you dig deep for strength to keep from sinning and sinning bad! One of those said players with the carrot top gave our basketball coach the middle finger during the next school year's football game at GCA. We were standing on the sidelines and Coach was yelling and he was the wideout on that side and just looked over at him and let it fly! Sad how a few bad apples can tarnish the image of the whole but it happens. I am looking forward though to rekindling that football rivalry again in 2017.

GB was awarded the region and District championship that year because of some benevolent fund issues.:rolleyes: Ed asked for our plaques but those hosers never gave em to our boys and that makes me real mad! Edited by orngnblk

Tyreke Key is 87 away from breaking the state single season scoring record of 1317 set by Tony Delk. 1225 points for the season currently. 3 points away from passing John Jenkins.

Previously passed Penny and Sam Howard on the overall points board. Next up Tony Delk for total career points.

Edited by Shozen