Region 2A

bluedevil6913

We had MUCH MORE rain in NW Knox than W Knox, or Blount County. It was on radar early this morning, stayed the course, and started mid-morning. What do you want the good folks from Tellico to do....have a good crystal ball, stay in a hotel last night and be ready to "maybe" play a game at 8am this morning? Last time they made the trip up here, they were chased back onto the bus by an inch of hail on the infield! The same thing would've happened again this morning....by 10am, there was absolutely no way anybody was playing on an outfield that was completely inundated with water. It continued to pour up here through late afternoon. There's nobody to complain to, but The Good Lord, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation AND response.

And, yes, I get it....graduation is very important. So are the SIX very important exams AND final research paper my son has to complete this week while we make up this mess of a tournament. That's BEFORE comprehensive finals. I'd say there are kids on every team in the same boat. This isn't good, but there isn't a thing anyone could have done differently given all the facts, even if you use biased hindsight. 

Looks sunny through Wed.....let's play ball AND STUDY!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be some things changing....maybe going single elim? I have no idea for sure....just trying to keep folks updated best that I can. I was scheduled to work concessions two games tomorrow, and I just got an email that there is only one game at 6pm.

Common sense would suggest, with the forecast going downhill Thur/Fri, the coaches may have decided to go single elim. That would pit 6v7 tomorrow. Winner of 6/7 v Meigs and RW v Harr on Tuesday. GB v winner of Meigs game and GCA v winner of RW v Harr on Wed. Then, if it did rain out Thur/Fri, we'd be down to two teams anyway. Both would advance. That favors the lower seeded teams, if you ask me. So, I hope that I am wrong. I'll take our chances in a double-elim anyday over single. One hot pitcher can ruin your day.

That all sounds too sensible, so I am quite sure that I am completely off base. If anyone hears anything official.....post if for all of us, please.

Had a barn-burner at Grace tonight! Harriman had Rockwood down, but not out. Lost 4-run lead in bottom of 7th and gave them the winning run on a HBP. Tomorrow it looks like Rockwood v GCA and Greenback v .......who won Meigs game????? There should be two very good baseball games tomorrow night off Oak Ridge Highway. The forecast even looks clear for the next couple of days. Its about time!

Wartburg Oneida suspended for darkness in the top of the fifth.

Wartburg-4

Oneida-9

DARKNESS? How in the world can you play district tourney games at a field with no lights? It's hard enough to get these games in during monsoon season. I'm sure you'll get them in with the forecast looking better every day, and Oneida and Coalfield will be ready and waiting for the two teams that survive the blood bath to come in Dist 3. There are going to be good teams sent home this week. The two teams that survive will be battle tested and ready for a long run the following two weeks!

I wish we could have four teams from each district in region play. I'd put any of the four we have left in Dist 3 up against any of the teams left on this side of the state! I'm not saying they'd win for sure, but they would definitely be tough to beat.