Tyner at Macon County AA Substate

MaconVol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will probably be the better matchup between the two District champs. I don't know anything about MC. We have played other teams from that district(LA, York,UHS).

It should be a tough game for both teams. MC(28-4) has the advantage with home court, but Tyner(25-4) has an experienced squad with 8 seniors(4 starters). Don't know if MC has faced a quicker/fast team as the Rams. We will see.

Any other comments?

I have no dog in the fight but have seen MC play a few times and they shouldn't have any problem playing against a fast team. Clay County plays a very fast paced game with Key at the PG. Macon lost 2 of 3 against them but I highly doubt Tyner has a player of the caliber that Tyreke Key is. MCs guards are quick and MC prides itself on defense.

Either way I think this will be an exciting game to watch. I will give the edge to the home team since they are pretty even. MC by 4.

Edited by Shozen

I have no dog in the fight but have seen MC play a few times and they shouldn't have any problem playing against a fast team. Clay County plays a very fast paced game with Key at the PG. Macon lost 2 of 3 against them but I highly doubt Tyner has a player of the caliber that Tyreke Key is. MCs guards are quick and MC prides itself on defense.

Either way I think this will be an exciting game to watch. I will give the edge to the home team since they are pretty even. MC by 4.

You are right, Tyner does not have a 3K point player. However, the Rams have played a schedule that has prepared them for whatever MC will throw at them. 3 of the losses was to Brainerd and the other one was to a 5A school from Georgia..not to mention victories over the Region 3AAA Champion and Runner-Up!!

Defense will dictate who the winner will be! Go Rams!!!

MC likes to play a 2-3 so if Tyner can speed them up and get fast breaks, not allowing MC to set up on D, they'll definitely have an advantage from that aspect. MC also likes to put some slower, bigger boys out on the court in the post, sometimes two at a time. There's no way they're running up and down the floor without getting tired of Tyner is pushing the pace. But MC's guards doesn't mind playing fast paced either so it'll be a fun game to watch.

The Rams are the most overall athletic team MC will have seen all season. I've seen them play as well as seen film on them. They attack the rim they get in passing lanes and run the floor. #3 & #5 are both cat quick. They help on defense and pressure the ball. I'm pulling for MC but think the Rams come out on top.