Bradley Central Bearettes

So 2 transferred after playing varsity ball. Howard as an 8th grader played for EH varsity allowed because same campus rule. Carter I guess is the other. Wonder why those 4 from the school you mentioned transferred ? Or the others that left went to WV one played bball and volleyball the other softball. Then yet another who played softball went to Polk. So you have 20 in the program this year 2 or 10% of them transferred after playing at another high school. Of those 2 how much of the minutes would you say they had of the available varsity time.? Figuring with 5 you have 20% each then if a 6 7 8 etc lowers the average. Now I know not all 20 saw varsity time so that makes it go back up. And I also know that one didn't start much if all but played significant minutes. So with just 2 transfers getting more than the rest of the varsity bench minutes I think it's a fair observation to wonder why those others left. Do you feel like it was because they or their parents knew that their minutes would be affected ? At least of the BBall players who transferred. And if they had stayed and the 2 didn't not transfer do you think Bradley would of had the same record ? Just wondering on your thoughts. Oh and welcome to the T. Don't take anything to serious on here and I'd recommend telling coaches and players to not even bother reading. It's just a discussion board. Has no weight or bearing on any descions made. Kinda like worry. It doesn't help to worry cause it changes zero. Just like these threads.

You bring up great points, backed up by facts!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 1 of the original post is laughable. I agree with the rest though. When people win and have a tradition rich program, people flock to be a part of it. Cleveland High School has had that success and will again.

Not as long as Bradley is winning, Cleveland will lose their best players to them also. Good luck but Cleveland never beats Bradley that's just the way it is. Cleveland can keep scheduling weak single A teams to bump their record and say how improved they are. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows at the end of the day the Bears rule Bradley county period

This is just out of curiousity.....but Cleveland did very well in the large division middle school tournament.  Will those girls be going to Cleveland High School?  I assumed they are Cleveland's feeder school but I really don't know.  It would seem to me that Jr. High success would continue at the HS level.

Kaz

Not as long as Bradley is winning, Cleveland will lose their best players to them also. Good luck but Cleveland never beats Bradley that's just the way it is. Cleveland can keep scheduling weak single A teams to bump their record and say how improved they are. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows at the end of the day the Bears rule Bradley county period

Bradley was average outside of a couple of players. Howard is special, but she will have a really large load to carry next season.

This is just out of curiousity.....but Cleveland did very well in the large division middle school tournament.  Will those girls be going to Cleveland High School?  I assumed they are Cleveland's feeder school but I really don't know.  It would seem to me that Jr. High success would continue at the HS level.

Kaz

According to the TSSAA there are NO FEEDER schools in Bradley County. That includes Cleveland, Walker Valley and Bradley Central. The only way they can be a feeder school is if the middle school and senior high school are located on the same campus. No school in Bradley County has a middle school on its campus. 

According to the TSSAA there are NO FEEDER schools in Bradley County. That includes Cleveland, Walker Valley and Bradley Central. The only way they can be a feeder school is if the middle school and senior high school are located on the same campus. No school in Bradley County has a middle school on its campus.

True. But the county did change the names a few years back for the middle schools. And the mascots. They now are more like LFs. Bruins. OMS Colts. Implying the connection to the Bears and Mustangs. Even though most from LF go to BCHS and close to half go to WV from OMS. And as far as feeders go the county residents have to pay extra to go to a city school but the city resisdents can go to either or. They pay both taxes.

Edited by anotherback

Kaz

It will.

Bradley was average outside of a couple of players. Howard is special, but she will have a really large load to carry next season.

Thats the worse excuse ive heard. Average, HA apparently you didnt watch Bradley play cleveland. If any team dont have their best 2 players they all would be average. Great line of thought SMH! And no, just because you win a middle school tourney, does not mean it will translate to high school success. Especially when your best players move out after 8th grade. Why? Well better coaching, better program, family reasons. It really dont matter. Schedule single A teams, play in weak tournaments thats the recipe for success at cleveland.