Charlie Morgan resigns at Dobyns Bennett

stockton4182

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to my guy Chris Poore on being named the new coach at DB! You guys got a great coach who is also a great man that truly cares for his kids!! Great hire!

I'm sure he's a great guy and cares about the "kids". Time will tell if he can compete on the state level. To be fair Jefferson County hasn't been known as a basketball school so maybe he didn't have the talent there. He should be an improvement over the last two "coaches" here. But then there's at least five guys on my street that could of done a better job.

The year he had talent he did lead Jeff Co to the State Tourney. You all should be pleased.

I'm happy that last guy is gone. He left the basketball program in a heap so Poore will have his hands full for the next two years just building it back. I hope he brings in a new assistant. Any part of that last deal will be a cancer. I'm pulling or him.

Underwhelming hire in my opinion. DB had better candidates who applied. Nothing against Coach Poore, I'm sure he's a good guy but his record at Jeff County leaves much to be desired. Science Hill and Crockett still have the best two coaches in the conference. DB has plenty of talent so maybe Coach Poore can turn it around quickly. However at this point I'm not impressed with the hire.

Edited by WBNC83

Underwhelming hire in my opinion. DB had better candidates who applied. Nothing against Coach Poore, I'm sure he's a good guy but his record at Jeff County leaves much to be desired. Science Hill and Crockett still have the best two coaches in the conference. DB has plenty of talent so maybe Coach Poore can turn it around quickly. However at this point I'm not impressed with the hire.

He had a 70% win percentage, avg. 23 wins a year, won 3 conference championships, and took Jeff co. to its first state tournament appearance for a school not known for basketball. There are alot of schools that wish they could say that in the last 6 years. DB will be competitive under poor Coach Poore. He has done a lot more with less athletic teams than DB