Memphis East vs Oak Ridge.......who ya got?

nebuntyn

I agree with you catswild, And If our sophs grow a couple inches, we could be back with a 6'3"- 6'4" team. And they can already out play most teams in this end of the state. Think about the kid at Vandy grew 9" in one year!!!

Like I said proud of the Cats for going so far in the tournament and could have had it all, But it didn't happen so start over and  go back to the court and win 2 more next year.

As far as the crowd , I was in the hospital otherwise we'd have been there. And it was spring break so no school problem. I don't understand where they were.

WILDCAT PRIDE

RWR

WWA 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lomax is great, but the best player on the floor to me was Lawson. Actually, our point guard Lavert Smith had just as good of a game as Lomax did, and actually had better stats. Smith 14 pts 8 assists 2 turnovers. Lomax 14 points 7 assists 5 turnovers

OR point guard had a great game, but the last 5 mins of the 4th q, Lomax was unstoppable. Lomax posted your pg every trip down the floor, either scoring or making plays. His presence on the floor makes him the best player on the floor. That's why he is Mr. Basketball

OR point guard had a great game, but the last 5 mins of the 4th q, Lomax was unstoppable. Lomax posted your pg every trip down the floor, either scoring or making plays. His presence on the floor makes him the best player on the floor. That's why he is Mr. Basketball

Yes, he did make some great plays near the end. It was a good matchup between them. I thought Lavert made a really good showing of himself against possibly the top PG in the whole state. 

Lil pg was aite...regardless of East isnt good talk...OR u guys had good season but u lost the game..LIG it...let it go...East didnt play great yesterday but they did win..

That's because we kept them from playing great. Give credit where due. I don't think anybody is disputing that East didn't deserve to win the game. They were the better team.

You're exactly right

Just because you played East close doesn't mean they not the #1 team in the country, maybe if you played a national Schedule you would be ranked in the nation also. Them kids have beat 5 national ranked teams and how many have OR beat. It's the state tournament no team is going to be a push over and everyone is going to play they best. Tee Higgins wasn't even close to being the best player on the floor, Lomax was the best on the floor and showed why he is Mr. Basketball 2 times

My comment on East's national ranking has nothing to do with OR not being nationally ranked. We shouldn't be nationally ranked but we are one of the top three teams in Tennessee BUT there's no way East is #2 in the nation. If so, I repeat, our nation is weak in basketball.

My comment on East's national ranking has nothing to do with OR not being nationally ranked. We shouldn't be nationally ranked but we are one of the top three teams in Tennessee BUT there's no way East is #2 in the nation. If so, I repeat, our nation is weak in basketball.

Catswild:

OR is a very good team. East is a very good team. East's national ranking has everything to do with them playing in the championship games of three different invitational type December tournaments, more so then anything else. They held there own and beat some very good prep schools in those tournaments. Most public schools can't play with those types of teams, and most non-prep school types either don't get invited in the first place, or don't participate because the level of play is generally better then what their team will face throughout the entire season.

Anywho ... I say this all of the time and it always bears out. Anytime two really good teams face off against each other ... the game is usually UGLY. That's true in any sport.

Edited by kwc