Region 7-1A 2017

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Dresden must be loaded .Saw in the Sonny Moore power ratings, Dresden was ranked above Henry co. ,Milan , Dyersburg, Haywood Co and Union city . If Lake Co were playing Dresden tomorrow night according to his rankings ,Dresden would be 42 point favorites.Going  to be hard team to beat in Single a if they are that good

Fake news!

56 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Someone had one too many hits on something to have Dresden ranked above any of the teams you mentioned. I can say that Dresden's D likes to hit and hit hard which is a good thing.  Really think the Dresden v LC game will be a dandy. 

Defense...I thought that's what set them apart last year. No doubt the offense was good but their defense was lights out. Was a really good tackling team and seemed to always have an extra player on the field. 

I agree. I really don't think the D got the credit they deserved last year cause the offense was so impressive. We just don't have the same talent all over the field like last year. I said it earlier that this is a more typical 1A team. Could be really good but could also be a iffy if we have a injury or two or don't get better going forward. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

I agree. I really don't think the D got the credit they deserved last year cause the offense was so impressive. We just don't have the same talent all over the field like last year. I said it earlier that this is a more typical 1A team. Could be really good but could also be a iffy if we have a injury or two or don't get better going forward. 

A key injury could hurt a lot of Single a teams

I think everyone needs to remember that we're not the "State Championship Team" from last year. The comment I heard from several Westview fans (& I'm sure we'll hear from most teams) was that they held their own against the State Champs. Yes we went undefeated last year & won our first State Championship but we lost 17 KEY players & the head coach & now we're without what was going to be our starting QB which is also a heck of a receiver. There is still a lot of talent on this Dresden team but it's going to take a few weeks to work the kinks out. Need to work on blocking better for our freshman QB & really need to work on the kicking game. We need to establish a true soccer team at Dresden so we can build that up. It always seems like a weak point for Dresden unless we luck up on an exchange student. :) The main thing I took away from last night's game was that we don't have the luxury of boys only having to play one side of the ball like we had last year. We're back to typical 1A football & most of the players never came off the field. Conditioning is going to be key this year. I have faith in our Lions & their work ethic. They're going to be just fine! GO LIONS!!

14 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

I think everyone needs to remember that we're not the "State Championship Team" from last year. The comment I heard from several Westview fans (& I'm sure we'll hear from most teams) was that they held their own against the State Champs. Yes we went undefeated last year & won our first State Championship but we lost 17 KEY players & the head coach & now we're without what was going to be our starting QB which is also a heck of a receiver. There is still a lot of talent on this Dresden team but it's going to take a few weeks to work the kinks out. Need to work on blocking better for our freshman QB & really need to work on the kicking game. We need to establish a true soccer team at Dresden so we can build that up. It always seems like a weak point for Dresden unless we luck up on an exchange student. :) The main thing I took away from last night's game was that we don't have the luxury of boys only having to play one side of the ball like we had last year. We're back to typical 1A football & most of the players never came off the field. Conditioning is going to be key this year. I have faith in our Lions & their work ethic. They're going to be just fine! GO LIONS!!

Yea,No way they can be as good as that team losing so many.But still a lot ot talent I'm sure.And I saw ur middle school. About 46 players and a very good QB and a lot of size. Going to be a lot of very good battles in the future.

49 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I thought Crawford was hurt after third play last night, that would spell doom if he and Jones are both out.

Not exactly sure but I believe he just got a helmet to the "tender" area. He bounced right back like a seasoned veteran & showed out. Give him a couple games to settle down & he's going to be looking like Dresser only bigger as a freshman.