Liberty HC opening

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Anthony Ballard Jr. He has several offers. Jacques Norman the "other" back ain't to shabby either. How did the scrimmage go tonight??

I saw ballard at a track meet back in the spring and he certainly looks the part!

I think having a kid like Norman behind him is great for the upperclassman because it makes him work a little harder to earn those carries.

Edited by ManOfMillions

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

I saw ballard at a track meet back in the sprint and he certainly looks the part!

I think having a kid like Norman behind him is great for the upperclassman because it makes him work a little harder to earn those carries.

They both had over 1300yds last year and about 15tds each. They are two different types of runners. Ballard will run you over and Norman is a speedster. Very effective 1 2 punch. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They both had over 1300yds last year and about 15tds each. They are two different types of runners. Ballard will run you over and Norman is a speedster. Very effective 1 2 punch. 

Both teams looked pretty similar to each other. Both offenses looked really good but still have a few things to clean up. Both defenses need some work but also had a few good things happen. But Ballard is a MAN!!! Lol 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

What a start for Liberty and Coach Taylor. How do you get beat 24-0 in a jamboree vs USJ 

USJ has more talent and is better coached.

Liberty has speed but the blocking and execution aren't there. They don't have the D1 athletes this year to bail them out after mistakes and turnovers.

4 hours ago, KublahKD said:

USJ has more talent and is better coached.

Liberty has speed but the blocking and execution aren't there. They don't have the D1 athletes this year to bail them out after mistakes and turnovers.

I doubt that USJ has more talent...better football players maybe, but the athletes at Liberty didn't all evaporate last season.

USJ's players will be where they're supposed to be, and be doing what they're supposed to be doing as well as their ability allows. That wins a lot of football games. If USJ had an upper echelon back to carry the ball 15-20 times a game they would really shock some people this season, but will be a tough game for anyone in their division (which is strong).

Liberty has athletes...whether one or two emerge as "special" is yet to be seen, but that kind of speed can't be coached. Coaching is a big question mark. I'm not going to be negative about him until he has had a chance to prove himself, but I believe the talent level is there for the Crusaders to be competitive within two seasons if Taylor is the answer.

tradertwo: We have a different definition of talent, but I mostly agree.

Will say this -- USJ looked bigger, though that could just be the all-white uniforms. USJ's skill players also turned the corner on Liberty several times. 100% agree with them being one weapon away. There is an underclassman with that kind of talent on the roster, but he might still be too young for the big show. USJ's new division is loaded. 

Re: Liberty -- they had a bad night, but I thought they were probably the second best team at the jamboree (maybe Dyer Co..). Liberty's defense will be stout. If they can find something on O, I expect them to compete for their region championship.

No one in West TN has more athletes or team speed than Liberty...not even Haywood Co

however, I cannot argue anything else at this time...a lot of work needs to be done between the lines and on the drawing board

ask SGC and Trezevant what they got in the spring...then watch their seasons unfold

Good Luck to everyone Friday night and a little more to my CoachT rival posters