Halls Tigers vs.Lake Co

mrbigster

15 hours ago, Rings said:

That's right. You just never know until you play the game. Nobody should ever take anything for granted in football. Too many things can happen to sway the game. Good luck to the Falcons this year. Sounds like y'all are on the rise. Single A ball is like a roller coaster, up and down. You know our ole ball coach was there in the early 90's, I think?

Yes I'm friends with Coach Rice and my best friend coaches at Lewis Co ,Bobby Sharp .Yes Coach rice left,,went to Wayne Co and if I remember right was coming back to Lake Co but had a change of heart.Would have been nice to have had him and all his sons...lol

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Coach Rice coached LC in 91 and 92. The 91 team started the season 7 and 0 and got hit with a rash of injuries. That team finished 7 and 4. Losing on the road 9 to 6 to Bruceton.  Bruceton went on to the semi's that year. Many people around here felt that team without the injuries would have won the state title. His 92 team went 5 and 5 with all sophomores starting. Coach Rice left LC in 93 but he built the foundation for the 93,94 and 95 LC teams that made deep runs in the playoffs. Coach Rice is one great coach and Wayne County should feel lucky to have him. Interesting fact LC's 94 team beat Coach Rice and Wayne County in the quarter finals of the 94 playoffs. 

I remember that game well.Seems like there was a lot of talking during the game with the players.I also remember a few Wayne Co fans on the LC side standing beside me getting rowdy and saying things.Remember telling Coach Sharp about it the next day and he told me we could have had those fans sent back to the other side..lol..Was just about 3 fans . 

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I remember that game well.Seems like there was a lot of talking during the game with the players.I also remember a few Wayne Co fans on the LC side standing beside me getting rowdy and saying things.Remember telling Coach Sharp about it the next day and he told me we could have had those fans sent back to the other side..lol..Was just about 3 fans . 

We have several rowdy fans that stand on the visitor side along the fence. That's still going on today. Not sure why, but a long tradition of dads, granddads, and has beens. I saw y'all play one of those years. Y'all had a Flowers guy that could play. 

On  another note, I'm glad Rice came back and has stayed at WC all these years. With him and Crews, we seem to always be able to compete even with less talented teams. They just have a way with our kids to make them believe. Good luck to y'all on your season. Maybe we meet up in playoffs.