Week 2: GP @ Oneida

crow

One game in the books and it is still a little hard to get a bead on the Tribe.  We did look very good for a half....then the kids got a little less invested in the proceedings.  I think the QB has a lot of potential and our backfield is crowded enough to spread the carries around a little.  Roberts and Hood knew where the holes were and got all that was available.  The backfield is much deeper this year.  Lambert's D pitched a shutout.  Claiborne didn't show a lot of energy after their first drive (2 or three first downs).  You can tell the back end is still learning, but they made some plays that show their athletic ability.  The beef up front had a solid outing but was probably the unit that seemed the most dinged up.  G-P will be a good test, and unless Cloudland is loaded, the Tribe should win this one at the Reservation.  Looks like a good match up on paper.

Kazo

3 hours ago, kazam37 said:

One game in the books and it is still a little hard to get a bead on the Tribe.  We did look very good for a half....then the kids got a little less invested in the proceedings.  I think the QB has a lot of potential and our backfield is crowded enough to spread the carries around a little.  Roberts and Hood knew where the holes were and got all that was available.  The backfield is much deeper this year.  Lambert's D pitched a shutout.  Claiborne didn't show a lot of energy after their first drive (2 or three first downs).  You can tell the back end is still learning, but they made some plays that show their athletic ability.  The beef up front had a solid outing but was probably the unit that seemed the most dinged up.  G-P will be a good test, and unless Cloudland is loaded, the Tribe should win this one at the Reservation.  Looks like a good match up on paper.

Kazo

We are not loaded, but we have a solid football team this year.  I was skeptical at first,  but I was surprised at the tenacity and aggressiveness we showed in the first game.  If Oneida can defend the pass and pressure the qb, it  won't be that close

Edited by THE KING

1 hour ago, kazam37 said:

Be a wonderful thing to see TL pitch another goose egg on G-P......!  Just sayin'....!

Kaz

Doubt that happens Kaz. Lambert is high on my lists but GP has some weapons. Think people are thinking they are a very weak team. Don,t buy it. I;ll give credit where credit is due, The new coach is pretty darn good. He don,t have the talent he,s had but He'll learn to do things with less.  I do think you guys win but I wouldn't overlook these guys.

What I meant was it would be great if TL's defense could pitch another shut-out.  I honestly don't think it will happen either, but one can hope.  G-P is not ever without some talent in place. we'll just have to find out how much they got Friday.  Unless I'm way off base, Oneida has a ton of good RB  

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

I know it don't look for GP, but I got a good feeling about this one :mrgreen:

Them Indians practice and play between the tackles, we just gotta run around them ends and throw over them big linemen.:mrgreen: See who out scores the other, they will grind it out we will air it out. you can't run up middle against oneida they will ring ur bell .my boy coaches for PF they have scrimmaged twice this year, he said they were big.

I agree Harley. GP has a few guys that can get outside and turn on the burners. Their timing was off in our 1st scrimmage this fall, but I could see the potential. Oneida will do what they do and control the clock. The GP defense did an ok job against our running game. The GP dline was a little undersized, which might play into Oneida's favor. Don't know how big O is up front. I think that will tell the tale. If the GP dline can step it up and make some stops, GP has a great chance at winning this one. I'm sure their passing game has progressed since July, so that will help them as well. Should be a good game, too close to call for me. Good luck to both teams.

11 hours ago, gcapride said:

I agree Harley. GP has a few guys that can get outside and turn on the burners. Their timing was off in our 1st scrimmage this fall, but I could see the potential. Oneida will do what they do and control the clock. The GP defense did an ok job against our running game. The GP dline was a little undersized, which might play into Oneida's favor. Don't know how big O is up front. I think that will tell the tale. If the GP dline can step it up and make some stops, GP has a great chance at winning this one. I'm sure their passing game has progressed since July, so that will help them as well. Should be a good game, too close to call for me. Good luck to both teams.

Pride we've got the best front 7 we've had in a good while. Big and can move well. We've just got a lot of inexperienced WR's and DB's along with a 1st year starter Sophomore QB. He's got a lot of potential to be very good though, just needs time. If you get a chance look at our #70. He's a big ole boy. Missed his entire junior year to injury but heee's baaaack lol. 

Edited by crow