Week 2: GP @ Oneida

crow

Guest Fall101
38 minutes ago, harley04 said:

congrats spike16 another OT game for us ,We got North view next they drilled Sullivan N. tonight, 3 straight away games. How fun was that :mrgreen:

Thanks Harley! It was a barn burner thats for sure.  Y'all kicked our tail the entire first half. We had 1 first down at the half.  Our big RBs and O line started laying on y'all mid way through the 3rd. The hit on the punt that caused the fumble I believe really changed the momentum of the game. It was a great game and good luck to GP the rest of the year. 

OHS had 1 first down in the first half. 15 in the second half. GP had 5 for the game. GP could not move the ball very well. Both scores were plays that missed / broken tackles turned 3 yards into 50 yards and 6 points. GP #9 is very athletic as is #6 and several others. Wasn't impressed with their deep pass game but they're on the verge of being a very good team. I don't know but they looked young to me. 

Oneida got whipped physically the first half. They responded and did some whipping the second. #14 averaged 5 yards per carry with 150 of our 270 rushing. To many mistakes by both teams for either to beat a truly good team. Both need to tighten up that. OHS needs to learn to put 4 quarters together soon. 

Now that I'm sure I've ruffled the feathers of some snowflakes in internet land I think I'll call it a night lol. 

Edited by crow

Just to expand on my learn to play 4 quarters comment. OHS had 19 yards offense in the first half! Yep you read that correctly, 19 first half yards. Had 250 yards rushing the second half. We were unbelievably fortunate to only be down 14 at half. 

8 hours ago, crow said:

Just to expand on my learn to play 4 quarters comment. OHS had 19 yards offense in the first half! Yep you read that correctly, 19 first half yards. Had 250 yards rushing the second half. We were unbelievably fortunate to only be down 14 at half. 

Wow!Yes you were!!!That's what half times are for.