Governors travel over to maverick country

5 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Ha! We just gave up against a 4a team and got blown out of the stadium in the second half. Plus, our pathetic loss last week looks even more pathetic. Lenoir City just got blown off the field by 4a Loudon, a team that sucked last year. What is there to look forward to? We just got beat by 2 of the worst teams we'll play all year. 

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I think I officially jumped off the Shad train tonight. Why are we not blitzing at all when we have tons of freshmen and sophomores playing in the secondary? Why are we playing so conservative on offense when they havent shown they can cover our receivers deep? Why do we opt for field goals and punts in situations that call for aggressive play calling? I have yet to see Shad do anything gutsy in all his 3 years here. You have to have confidence in your players to make a play in key situations. Otherwise, how are they supposed to be confident in themselves? 

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you was saying how good this Shadowens man was a few weeks ago.  Does he make these governor boys lift weights and drink that creatine mess? You should come down to that Mathis mans field next week and I will give you a red bull and let you look at my Murphy Fair book and Murphys pole. You think im joking but im not. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Ha! We just gave up against a 4a team and got blown out of the stadium in the second half. Plus, our pathetic loss last week looks even more pathetic. Lenoir City just got blown off the field by 4a Loudon, a team that sucked last year. What is there to look forward to? We just got beat by 2 of the worst teams we'll play all year. 

Don't forget that Loudon team that just killed the team that beat you all got beat by a 1A football team last week also.A team who you said WB would beat 9 out of 10 times guaranteed.

LCs starting QB is out with a broken leg also so that hurt them this week against the big red machine 

11 minutes ago, strongx said:

The real season starts this week with region play. $had is the leader everyone should stand behind.

Compliments to the wb radio crew. I listened some last night and they do a great job imo. Between those guys and govman, it is top notch coverage.

Govman sighting in the Boro last night. Wearing a light colored red shirt...

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Don't forget that Loudon team that just killed the team that beat you all got beat by a 1A football team last week also.A team who you said WB would beat 9 out of 10 times guaranteed.

LCs starting QB is out with a broken leg also so that hurt them this week against the big red machine 

I say those things with the assumption that WB will play to their potential and play hard. I think its a reasonable assumption that a coach will have a team playing to their potential. Especially one who is widely considered good.

8 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you was saying how good this Shadowens man was a few weeks ago.  Does he make these governor boys lift weights and drink that creatine mess? You should come down to that Mathis mans field next week and I will give you a red bull and let you look at my Murphy Fair book and Murphys pole. You think im joking but im not. 

I guarantee you that Shad man said he has had those boys lifting all kinds of weights this summer. He also said he had more boys that could play in the SEC than he has before. If we have SEC players on defense we are UT or Missouri's defense from last year. I think that Shad man is full of mess. If he cant start getting those boys to knock holes for runners and getting em to tackle the other teams runners, passers, and catchers I might go down to Grider's stadium and buy one of his t-shirts. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by TheGuvna

25 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

I guarantee you that Shad man said he has had those boys lifting all kinds of weights this summer. He also said he had more boys that could play in the SEC than he has before. If we have SEC players on defense we are UT or Missouri's defense from last year. I think that Shad man is full of mess. If he cant start getting those boys to knock holes for runners and getting em to tackle the other teams runners, passers, and catchers I might go down to Grider's stadium and buy one of his t-shirts. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that Shadowens man needs to make them runners chase chickens to make them real fast.  That is what Grider makes our boys do.  How fast can your runners run the 50 yard dash in?  Chasing chickens will make them real fast.  You think im joking but im not. 

24 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Guvna this is one post that absolutely correct.It is OK to say what you mean.We are fans of our teams and we expect more than the previous year especially when so much has been said about talent coming back.GB lost 4 D-1 kids last year and everyone is expecting us to struggle and posobky lose a few games,which we may do but as of right now our coaches are coaching their tails off getting us prepared for each game each week and the kids are not buying into the fact we aren't supposed to be as good.IT STARTS AT THE TOP!Look at Loudon they we atrocious last year and you bring a coach like Harig back and all the sudden the kids believe again and they are very competitive this year.

So its OK to call a spade a spade.I expected a lot more from you guys also as did a lot of others in this area.Hang in there 91!

Looking at William Blount on the field they had physically good sized team. Big guys on the o-line. The quarterback made some accurate throws and #4 and #24 were very athletic. AC looked better coached. AC has a physically large line 4 guys 260+ and one smaller mobile tackle. They just manhandled both sides of the line. I think AC had 630 yards total. 400 passing and 230 rushing. AC just had a much better game plan and adjusted on the fly. It started out with AC throwing short out routes, curls, and hitches and every couple plays pounding the rock. WB played the short passes well. 2nd half adjustments it was like AC said ok you want to play soft man and spy the QB on short passes we will throw the deep ball. That is when the flood gates opened. 

In the past 10 years, I can count on 1 hand the times I have seen WB play at their ceiling or above.  One of those was at Dobyns Bennett last year and we saw the result of that. A well coached team will give it their all and play above their heads consistently. WB seldom even plays to the level of their talent. Underachieving is the norm at WB.