Governors travel over to maverick country

Halftime AC up 28-16, AC looks very solid at times and run defense is pretty strong.  Secondary needs work, let a long ball get behind for a big score and then had 3 or 4 PI calls, all of which I thought were good calls, because our DB's keep getting beat and then not looking for the ball.  Hopefully we clean it up 2nd half and put his one away.  Could very well be up 35-7 right now.

2 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

Halftime AC up 28-16, AC looks very solid at times and run defense is pretty strong.  Secondary needs work, let a long ball get behind for a big score and then had 3 or 4 PI calls, all of which I thought were good calls, because our DB's keep getting beat and then not looking for the ball.  Hopefully we clean it up 2nd half and put his one away.  Could very well be up 35-7 right now.

The Govs would be ahead or it would be tied if we caught all the interceptions ya'll have tried to throw us. We already have 1 pick 6 and should have 2 or 3 more.

I think I officially jumped off the Shad train tonight. Why are we not blitzing at all when we have tons of freshmen and sophomores playing in the secondary? Why are we playing so conservative on offense when they havent shown they can cover our receivers deep? Why do we opt for field goals and punts in situations that call for aggressive play calling? I have yet to see Shad do anything gutsy in all his 3 years here. You have to have confidence in your players to make a play in key situations. Otherwise, how are they supposed to be confident in themselves? 

Edited by TheGuvna

19 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Season is still young.

Ha! We just gave up against a 4a team and got blown out of the stadium in the second half. Plus, our pathetic loss last week looks even more pathetic. Lenoir City just got blown off the field by 4a Loudon, a team that sucked last year. What is there to look forward to? We just got beat by 2 of the worst teams we'll play all year. 

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

Ha! We just gave up against a 4a team and got blown out of the stadium in the second half. Plus, our pathetic loss last week looks even more pathetic. Lenoir City just got blown off the field by 4a Loudon, a team that sucked last year. What is there to look forward to? We just got beat by 2 of the worst teams we'll play all year. 

The Mavs are a good team......LC on the other hand.....Maybe they went back to sandbagging tonight against Loudon?

Edited by SweetScience