Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

7 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Just curious.  Why is this any of your business? 

I seem to recall that just a few short years ago, OR had some real problems with their football program. I remember some real blunt comments from your CoachT posters.  Some considered that classless.  All we at DB could do was sympathize with their situation.  Seems  like a lot, if not all of that got resolved.  Wonder if there had been no communication between fans about the problem, if that situation would have resolved.

We at DB consider OR to be our sister school and respect OR, its football team, fans and posters a lot.  I think the same is generally true in reverse.  So lets keep it that way and you just go back to your threads.

The problem that we have is that DB's ability to compete against good teams has become very erratic in the past 10 years.  Those of us who like to go to Friday night games want to see these problems fixed, just like OR just got their problems fixed.  You may be right, complaining may not do any good but the jury is no in on that yet. I consider Waco to simply be a truth teller about how games went and the general state of the program in general.  His trademark is to make barbed comments and he's been on these threads longer than about anybody else. Most people have no problem with him.  He's seen a lot and understands very well how it used to be in DB football and how it is now.  I've only been keeping up with it for about 15 years but even I can see the problems and the trends.  It is not pretty.  One thing for sure, not talking about it will ensure that it continues - which could be good for OR I guess.

So go back home and worry about your OR Wildcats.  They have their own issues right now.  Talk about them. 

I agree with you,70...Oak Ridge has a HOST of problems. We have a Neanderthal roaming our sidelines. Gaddis had the state of Tennessee's 5A Player of the Year the past two seasons and what were our results...a second-round playoff exit in 2015 followed by a first-round playoff exit last year.We have a potential all-state running back who has amassed less than 100 yards total in 3 games thus far this year. We face the defending 5A state champion this Friday and a possible beat-down of epic proportions.Yes, DBGRAD70,Oak Ridge has its own isues...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Someone wanted to know why the band at SH wasn't bigger than it is. I gave several reasons, none of which are untrue. I went there. I have family who goes there now. And yes, some of them were in the band.

I wasn't trying to imply that SH's band needed to be bigger.  What I know is this.  15 years ago the SH band was only slightly smaller than DB's.  Now DB has about 400 kids in the band.  That's about 19% of DB's enrollment.  SH is significantly smaller than the last time I saw them. The wife and I were surprised.  So what I asked was simply out of concern.  Should have left that out of the post.

But now you say that most of the kids see band as being for nerds.  I don't believe that is true at DB.  I certainly haven't seen the student section act as if they believe that. If that is true at SH, you may have fingered the problem yourself.

Band is grueling at DB and the dedication of the staff and students is beyond belief.  You don't make finals (top 10 bands in the country) at Grand Nationals without dedication.  And I believe most of the students at DB respect  them for that.  If they don't, well, I feel sorry for them.

Sounds like SH has a great band director.  Certainly DB's director is really good. He too has been know to be hard to live with.  Just part of being a musician, I think.  Perfectionists.

11 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

I agree with you,70...Oak Ridge has a HOST of problems. We have a Neanderthal roaming our sidelines. Gaddis had the state of Tennessee's 5A Player of the Year the past two seasons and what were our results...a second-round playoff exit in 2015 followed by a first-round playoff exit last year.We have a potential all-state running back who has amassed less than 100 yards total in 3 games thus far this year. We face the defending 5A state champion this Friday and a possible beat-down of epic proportions.Yes, DBGRAD70,Oak Ridge has its own isues...

Lol...

56 minutes ago, catswild said:

Lol...

Why don't you jump all over him like you do me when I make comments like that? If that was me you would be on my post like stink on shizznit....Why do you police everything people say on this board? Why do you care? Is your life that meaningless that you have to come on football threads and police what grown men are saying about High School football? Get a life, dude. To all the DB fans, I'm sorry this clown has infiltrated your threads. Us OR fans have had to put up with him policing our posts since he's been on CoachT for 5 or so years now. I told you the other day Cats, your life would be a heckuva lot easier if you would stop worrying about what other people are saying or doing and worry about your &*&^ self. Again, sorry DB fans.

Edited by SweetScience

18 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Why don't you jump all over him like you do me when I make comments like that? If that was me you would be on my post like stink on shizznit....Why do you police everything people say on this board? Why do you care? Is your life that meaningless that you have to come on football threads and police what grown men are saying about High School football? Get a life, dude. To all the DB fans, I'm sorry this clown has infiltrated your threads. Us OR fans have had to put up with him policing our posts since he's been on CoachT for 5 or so years now. I told you the other day Cats, your life would be a heckuva lot easier if you would stop worrying about what other people are saying or doing and worry about your &*&^ self. Again, sorry DB fans.

Lol...

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Some clarification, please. Cats wild was the police? Now you are the police. It's all so confusing.

Must have missed the election.

1 hour ago, jhilts said:

Some clarification, please. Cats wild was the police? Now you are the police. It's all so confusing.

Must have missed the election.

LOL...I'm not the police and don't pretend to be. I give my opinion on things and SS appoints himself as the police. The other guy...he's a fool.  Good luck Friday night....