Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Ain't gonna happen Batman. This coaching staff "ain't gotta' clue".  There are a couple of good coaches there but football is a team sport and a couple of good coaches on your staff ain't gonna' cut it. I hate it for the players. Take yourself back to when this group were freshman. Would you of ever thought when this group became seniors it would be like this?  Sure their a little bigger and maybe a little stronger but fundamentally they were better as freshman than they are today. That's totally on the coaching staff right there. I'm not 100% sure they can beat SC & JC.  I mean Clark could spend the week watching Mayberry re-runs and then pull a "McMinn Co" in either one of those games.  You know I'm right.

Can't argue with most of what your saying but I think an orangutan could coach DB to a win over SC and JC this year.

I tried to go to the DB football schedule on the school football page just to review the remaining schedule..  Got 404 page not found.   How appropriate.  Clark can't seem to find the right pages in his play book.   Actually I think his play book, which he used to be noted for, is empty now. 

They will not beat Alcoa, Bearden, or Farragut.  That leaves them with a 5-5 season at best.  They will likely beat Jeff Co & Harden Valley.  I consider Mo West & Sevier Co toss ups.  You just never know what will happen in a Sevier Co game.  So, 5-5 to 3-7 season. Is a playoff option even possible in that scenario?

The city has spent all this money on great facilities (except for the visitor sidelines).  The band is doing its part to make Friday nights a great time for students and fans.  I think somebody on either the city or school boards needs to step up and make something happen or else be called on the carpet or else be fired by the voters.  Needs to become a political hot potato next election.

BTW, what's happened to the Topper band?  Sounded great but looked like a shadow of its former self, size wise.  We were surprised.

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I tried to go to the DB football schedule on the school football page just to review the remaining schedule..  Got 404 page not found.   How appropriate.  Clark can't seem to find the right pages in his play book.   Actually I think his play book, which he used to be noted for, is empty now. 

They will not beat Alcoa, Bearden, or Farragut.  That leaves them with a 5-5 season at best.  They will likely beat Jeff Co & Harden Valley.  I consider Mo West & Sevier Co toss ups.  You just never know what will happen in a Sevier Co game.  So, 5-5 to 3-7 season. Is a playoff option even possible in that scenario?

The city has spent all this money on great facilities (except for the visitor sidelines).  The band is doing its part to make Friday nights a great time for students and fans.  I think somebody on either the city or school boards needs to step up and make something happen or else be called on the carpet or else be fired by the voters.  Needs to become a political hot potato next election.

BTW, what's happened to the Topper band?  Sounded great but looked like a shadow of its former self, size wise.  We were surprised.

We don't need a giant band. 

1) The band director isn't the easiest man to get along with/please.

2) Band is viewed as a "nerdy" activity.

3) Kids have other interests.

5-5 would be an absolute disgrace for what this class started with and the addition of two monster junior lineman and those stud running backs.I hear about kids nearly every day that are ask If they play football and most don't beat around the bush as to why not.I'm not talking about young men that can't walk and chew gum either.DB is loaded with wasted talent as well as those that said enough is enough.DB needs someone that can set his friends and family friends to the side and make the right choice when it comes to every part of the program.I'm not just talking about one or two coaches either,there is plenty of blame to go around in kingsport.Hey,as I've said,they made their bed but it's those kids that are there and those that would have love to played that have gotton messed over .Oh,not to count every Kingsport frigging tax payer and I'm one of those.I don't see DB any worse then 7-3 this year and since I said several years ago they would have enough talent with the right changes to win a state title,7-3 ,8-2 or 9-1 would either one suck.No it's not the kids fault or any one or two people,it's a Kingsport Cluster football that has caused this.

Edited by BatmanDevil

7 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

We don't need a giant band. 

1) The band director isn't the easiest man to get along with/please.

2) Band is viewed as a "nerdy" activity.

3) Kids have other interests.

I can't let this go...what an ignorant statement. #1 next to DB ALL bands look small...To disparage Dr. Vermillion by saying he isn't the easiest man to get along with is just wrong. He is one of the best and most respected band leaders in the area. Why do you think the Hilltopper Invitational is so well attended every year? Dr. Vermillion is the reason. To enlighten you, in Johnson City kids join band in the 6th grade and there isn't much Dr. V can do about that. It comes down to how much the middle school (Indian Trail) and the school board commits to band. At ITMS they split the kids up between days and periods and it makes it less fun. Plus, Johnson City has one less middle school than Kingsport and Kingsport supports their band.

You must not have a kid or anyone one you know in the band. If you did you would understand the band seniors make up some less than 10% of the student body and are offered over 40% of the total senior class scholarships and grants. 

Nerdy and other activities are something every school band in the country deal with. It's like saying all athletes are dumb. I will say this...at the collegiate level bands are well respected. The Big 10 is the measuring stick and Indiana has one of the top music schools in the country, including Julliard. Did you realize the Pride of the Southland in Knoxville is well represented by upper East Tennessee. Science Hill alone has 8 kids in the Pride. DB about the same number.

You are right in that bad directors make kids quit, but that isn't an issue at Science Hill.

Edited by TicketToRide

Just now, blazer1set said:

To all the frustrated DB fans:    DB will get a much needed win next week vs Sevier Co, and this is going to be a romp, DB by 20+

I think it was just a few years ago when DB took a three or four touchdown lead over Sevier Co. right there at J. Fred. DB lost that game. I also remember the McMinn Co. game (the most embarrassing coaching blunder in the history of DB football), and I also remember losing to Karns, a team that DB was 40 points better than.  When you have Barney and Goober running the show you never check the win column until the final second has clicked off.

32 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think it was just a few years ago when DB took a three or four touchdown lead over Sevier Co. right there at J. Fred. DB lost that game. I also remember the McMinn Co. game (the most embarrassing coaching blunder in the history of DB football), and I also remember losing to Karns, a team that DB was 40 points better than.  When you have Barney and Goober running the show you never check the win column until the final second has clicked off.

I see that a certain segment of the DB Coacht community is still minus much brain activity. What an embarrassment....

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well that's a good point, never overlook the Smoky Bears.

DB up 28-0 late in the 3rd, and....  well here's how it ends: